The Student Room Group

'Liberal' pope discriminates based on sexual orientation

Vatican silent over French gay ambassador

The Vatican has declined to comment on reports that it has not accepted a new French ambassador because he is gay.
The French government proposed the senior diplomat Laurent Stefanini for the post in January.
It normally takes about a month for an appointment to be approved, but three months on the Vatican has kept a diplomatic silence.
Media reports in France say the French government is refusing to back down over the appointment.
In 2007, France proposed an openly gay diplomat to be its ambassador at the Vatican but was forced to choose another after months of silence.
The French Catholic newspaper La Croix reports that the Vatican has indicated the posting is unacceptable.
Mr Stefanini is openly gay and was posted to France's Rome embassy between 2001 and 2005.
"He is one of our best diplomats. That's why we appointed him. We are waiting for a reply to our request," the foreign ministry in Paris told the AFP news agency.
Jump media playerMedia player helpOut of media player. Press enter to return or tab to continue.
Media caption
Pope Francis made the comments on his return flight from Brazil
The BBC's Rome correspondent James Reynolds says that the apparent rejection may not be the Vatican responding to Mr Stefanini's sexuality. One interpretation could be that the Holy See is displeased with France's decision to legalise same-sex marriage in 2013.
It is widely thought that Pope Francis is more tolerant of homosexuality than previous popes after remarking "who am I to judge?" in 2013.
His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, signed a document in 2005 that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests.
But Pope Francis has said gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.
However, he suffered a setback in 2014 after the Catholic Church synod abandoned plans for wider acceptance of gay people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32254293
Why has modern society shoved homosexuality down our throats? Homosexuality and gay marriage seems to be accepted by all major parties these days in the West, even the one's who used to oppose it... Something is at work here.

Is being gay really a good thing for humanity or does it have a destructive effect?

Homosexuality is being pushed as the greatest thing ever with gay politicians, gay celebrities, gay pride rallies.

I don't think gays are evil or deserve to die, but I don't think it should be encouraged either.
Original post by NâtiveEuropean
Why has modern society shoved homosexuality down our throats? Homosexuality and gay marriage seems to be accepted by all major parties these days in the West, even the one's who used to oppose it... Something is at work here.

Is being gay really a good thing for humanity or does it have a destructive effect?

Homosexuality is being pushed as the greatest thing ever with gay politicians, gay celebrities, gay pride rallies.

I don't think gays are evil or deserve to die, but I don't think it should be encouraged either.

Whether you encourage it or not it's still going to happen. You can't encourage a sexuality any more than you can discourage it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's all a bit ironic when half the Curia spends the best part of the working day rummaging around under each other's cassocks
The answer to the question "Would the Vatican discriminate based on sexual orientation" is probably "Is the Pope a Catholic?
I don't think a Pope could ever be entirely Liberal. Not under Catholicism.

Is being a catholic priest really a good thing for humanity, or will the human race just be extinct because they don't reproduce?

Why do gay people exist when for thousands of years people have been trying eliminate homosexuality and have been constantly discouraging it?

Is it because homosexuality is so good that people just by nature cannot resist being a homosexual despite the threat of death? Or has the world not been discouraging homosexuality enough? Should we also eliminate heterosexuals just to make sure homosexuals are not being born?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending