The Student Room Group

I have a problem and need calming down :|

Hi, so i have my GCSE's this summer, and im predicted 2 B's and the rest a's and A*'s but i have one problem, I cannot revise and i have not done a single ounce of revision so far, (I know this was a mistake but its done now) my first exam is on the 12th of may and final exam on the 16th of June. Bearing in mind there are like lots of days with no exams and a 7 day break half way through.

Am i still ok? or have i fuc**d up big time? if not how much revision should i do from now on on weekends and school nights?

Many Thanks
Marv
Well, while I can't say it's the best approach you should be ok.

I did NO revision for ANYTHING outside of school for my GCSE's and I got 3 A*s and 6 A's

All I would say, is do some past papers in your spare time - doesn't take long but really highlights trouble spots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

I'm doing my AS' now and I did exactly the same as you last year. I got 3 Bs, 8 As and 2 A*s

Don't worry and don't panic. The best thing to do now is make sure you cover everything before your exams. Prioritise the exams depending on the order, so if your physics and chemistry is in the first week, revise those now and then again just before the exams. You'll probably find that you won't need to or be able to do loads of revision, it'll all get tangled in your brain.

If you're anything like me, little and often is the best way forward. Do 1-2 hours a day in 30 minute chunks with a break. Get plenty of sleep and eat well. Stay positive and it will all be okay!

Try to think of revision as a small job rather than letting it become your sole purpose in life! It's not the most important thing you need to do!!!!

I agree with Fanatical Geek that past papers are really helpful. To be honest I'm still struggling but just try to keep positive and level-headed. Remember that if something goes wrong it's not the end of the world!

Best of luck
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by distractedfool
Hi,

I'm doing my AS' now and I did exactly the same as you last year. I got 3 Bs, 8 As and 2 A*s

Don't worry and don't panic. The best thing to do now is make sure you cover everything before your exams. Prioritise the exams depending on the order, so if your physics and chemistry is in the first week, revise those now and then again just before the exams. You'll probably find that you won't need to or be able to do loads of revision, it'll all get tangled in your brain.

If you're anything like me, little and often is the best way forward. Do 1-2 hours a day in 30 minute chunks with a break. Get plenty of sleep and eat well. Stay positive and it will all be okay!

Try to think of revision as a small job rather than letting it become your sole purpose in life! It's not the most important thing you need to do!!!!

I agree with Fanatical Geek that past papers are really helpful. To be honest I'm still struggling but just try to keep positive and level-headed. Remember that if something goes wrong it's not the end of the world!

Best of luck

Thanks for your reply, It has settled me :smile:
Original post by Marvin16
Hi, so i have my GCSE's this summer, and im predicted 2 B's and the rest a's and A*'s but i have one problem, I cannot revise and i have not done a single ounce of revision so far, (I know this was a mistake but its done now) my first exam is on the 12th of may and final exam on the 16th of June. Bearing in mind there are like lots of days with no exams and a 7 day break half way through.

Am i still ok? or have i fuc**d up big time? if not how much revision should i do from now on on weekends and school nights?

Many Thanks
Marv

You'll be fine! Since you're going back to school you should be covering the topics anyway, just make sure you pay attention and revise a bit when you get home! I also have my first gcse on the 12 of may!

Good luck with revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest