The Student Room Group

Uclan Social Work Interview 2015 entry

Hi!

I have an interview at Uclan on the 6th May for Social Work. I have had an interview and was offered at place at Uclan in 2013, but i didnt take my place at the time.

I am just wondering if anyone has any tips ? i remember writing an essay for the first part and then face to face in the afternoon. Does any one know if this is still the same ? Also has anyone got any example face to face interview questions, as i really need to brush up on my skills. I dont feel as confident this time round, but want it even more !

Thanks Jemma
Hi Jemma, I had an interview at Uclan in March and I have accepted a place there. You should get a letter with all the details of what you will be doing on the day. It was a written test followed by a talk by a tutor, then lunch, then interview. The good thing about it is that they let you know on the day if you are successful.
I found it to be pretty relaxed, tutors seemed OK as did the other people on my interview day.
As for the questions you just need to have a broad knowledge of what it is that social workers do and issues surrounding social work. It may help to brush up on your current affairs. Also have a clear idea of why you want to study social work ad be able to put it into words for the interviewer.
Good luck!!
Reply 2
Hi
I've got an interview next week, what was your written test on?.x

Quick Reply

Latest