The Student Room Group

Beginners and intermediate French course modules at the same time...

Hi!

I need to pick my last two modules for my course with the OU. Do you think it would be too difficult to study both beginners and intermediate levels at the same time? I am currently around A1. The courses don't start until October. The beginners course takes you to A2 and the intermediate to B1.

Thank you! :smile:
Yes, it would be too difficult. If you just want the credits to finish your qualification, why not to do the exploring languages and cultures module alongside beginners French?
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
Yes, it would be too difficult. If you just want the credits to finish your qualification, why not to do the exploring languages and cultures module alongside beginners French?

I'm already doing that module as it was compulsory (and incredibly boring despite it's title!) and intermediate German. There isn't anything on the module list for level 1 I want to do. As I was A2 when I started intermediate German and didn't find it overwhelming at all, I thought intermediate French wouldn't be that bad either. In theory, if I get get my French up to A2 by October, then doing the beginners course should be okay and I would be at the right level to start the intermediate... That's my thinking anyway! Decisions, decisions! :smile:
In my experience, all level 1 modules are boring. Can you pick any level 1 module or are you limited to language/humanities modules?

I will post some images from the intermediate French module books so you can get an idea of the level you need to be working at. If you can do the activities (preferably without the help of a dictionary) then perhaps you could do both modules at the same time, but I really wouldn't advise it.

Spoiler

Reply 4
Thank you for showing me that! I could get the gist of some of it but clearly it's difficult at this point. Maybe I'll take another beginners course in another language - that might be better...

The list that comes up for me looks pretty limited - I'll have another look later.

Thank you for your help though, it's really appreciated! :smile:
Original post by Schtooks
Hi!

I need to pick my last two modules for my course with the OU. Do you think it would be too difficult to study both beginners and intermediate levels at the same time? I am currently around A1. The courses don't start until October. The beginners course takes you to A2 and the intermediate to B1.

Thank you! :smile:

I did this exact thing last year! I'm now doing upper intermediate
It depends if you have studied french, I had but I did the beginners for the credits, if not then the intermediate will be very difficult for you
Reply 6
Original post by balletlover
I did this exact thing last year! I'm now doing upper intermediate
It depends if you have studied french, I had but I did the beginners for the credits, if not then the intermediate will be very difficult for you

I'm studying French by myself now and am around A1 level - that's why I thought I could get myself to A2 with a tutor by October and then the beginners course wouldn't be too bad. That's what I did with German except I didn't take the beginners course and just took the intermediate which hasn't been that bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending