The Student Room Group

SQA Exams 2015 - Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by mysqa
Exam results affect parents too of course - here are 10 Top Tips for those who also serve (ignore the A level bit...)
http://buff.ly/1I2VlEo

Will the SQA upload any exam papers before the 4th of August ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muchensmile
Do you know if bands matter for medicine like A1, A2?

Only for cambridge since they request the exact scores or something in another form
Hey everyone :wavey:

Just a heads up :smile: The official results day discussion for 2015 is here

The TSR support and advice articles for results are here

A week today! Fingers crossed - best of luck to all of you :h:
Reply 324
Original post by not you
Only for cambridge since they request the exact scores or something in another form

But they mainly put emphasis on Advanced highers right? Doesn't really concern me though as not really planning on applying to BMAT unis :P
Original post by muchensmile
But they mainly put emphasis on Advanced highers right? Doesn't really concern me though as not really planning on applying to BMAT unis :P

Well when you apply they'll put emphasis on your highers first and your predicted adv. second since you already have results for one, and no guarantee for the other. But obviously conditionals will only be about adv. although I think some English unis will ask for Band 1 in Chemistry for certain students
Original post by not you
Well when you apply they'll put emphasis on your highers first and your predicted adv. second since you already have results for one, and no guarantee for the other. But obviously conditionals will only be about adv. although I think some English unis will ask for Band 1 in Chemistry for certain students

Cambridge conditionals are A1A1A innit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pennyarcade
Cambridge conditionals are A1A1A innit

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah for like science stuff but for arts and social stuff it's usually just A1AA
Can someone help me please? I signed up to get my results through email and text last year but didn't this year, will I still recieve them through email and text despite me not signing up to get them again?
Original post by Meeeeeegan
Can someone help me please? I signed up to get my results through email and text last year but didn't this year, will I still recieve them through email and text despite me not signing up to get them again?

Yes, you only have to sign up once and will receive your results through email and text every year
Reply 330
Original post by Meeeeeegan

Yep, absolutely! You have been automatically enrolled from last year, as is the case every year! Hope that helps :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The calm before the storm... Keep yourselves busy and the time will soon pass.
What happens after the results?

Good event being hosted by Glasgow City Council - Secure your Future, 10 - 3 Thursday 6 April, Banqueting Hall Glasgow. "This is a one day event to target all Glasgow school leavers and college leavers on receipt of their exam results (issue date 4 August) to offer them advice and guidance on their options.
This unique post exam result event will also target other young people who have previously left school/college or training and have failed to secure a positive destination. The event offered in partnership with Development and Regeneration Services, Education Services, Skills Development Scotland, Jobs & Business Glasgow, Employability Fund providers and colleges to offer a variety of opportunities, advice and support to help each young person maximise their potential."

See http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=30137&p=0
Original post by mysqa
What happens after the results?

Thursday 6 April

Might want to fix that.
Original post by not you
Might want to fix that.

Would you like your close reading result mate?
Original post by Pennyarcade
Would you like your close reading result mate?

103% wow I did pretty well this year
Original post by not you
Might want to fix that.

You make a very good point. August...
Reply 337
Some of the 2015 old Higher past papers have been released on the SQA website for:
Administration, Biology, Biology (Revised), Chemistry, French, Gaelic Learners, Graphic Communication, Human Biology, Human Biology (Revised), Italian, Modern Studies, Politics, RMPS, Russian, Sociology, Spanish, Urdu. I think that's them all.

Only Admin appears to have the answer scheme uploaded with it, but the link is broken. I'm guessing this means the SQA will be uploading all the papers throughout the weekend?
Original post by arbeide
Some of the 2015 old Higher past papers have been released on the SQA website for:
Administration, Biology, Biology (Revised), Chemistry, French, Gaelic Learners, Graphic Communication, Human Biology, Human Biology (Revised), Italian, Modern Studies, Politics, RMPS, Russian, Sociology, Spanish, Urdu. I think that's them all.

Only Admin appears to have the answer scheme uploaded with it, but the link is broken. I'm guessing this means the SQA will be uploading all the papers throughout the weekend?

Why don't they put upload the answers too ? It's rather annoying right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by arbeide

Why don't they put upload the answers too ? It's rather annoying right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending