The Student Room Group

SQA Exams 2015 - Chat

Most of us may be aware that the first examinations of the SQA start in 17 days. (2 weeks and 3 days). So, i have decided to make a chat so we can discuss the matter (if you wish to discuss it). I am aware it's a stressful period and people will be worried (especially first timers). But, if we all stick together and help each other, the suffering may be minimized. Really, i sat my first exams last year - I was actually left stunned by the fact that exams are not that bad after all. Just be prepared and you'll do fine. If you don't do fine, at least you tried your best... That's all anyone can ask of you.
So, i have to decided to add information to this thread which could help first timers.

SQA Timetable -
http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/ExamTimetable2015.pdf

SQA Past Paper Service -
http://www.sqa.org.uk/pastpapers/findpastpaper.htm

Specimen Papers for National 5 -
http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/69284.html

Mysqa - "MySQA is your direct link with SQA. It lets you view your qualification information, check the personal details we hold for you and if you're sitting exams you can get your results sent by email and text message."
Link -
https://www.mysqa.org.uk/cs8/content/secure/my_homepage.jsp

The official results day discussion for 2015 is here

The TSR support and advice articles for results are here
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What's everyone's first exam? Mine is history which shouldn't be too bad it's just a case of remembering everything :/
Reply 2
Original post by ashleymacleod
What's everyone's first exam? Mine is history which shouldn't be too bad it's just a case of remembering everything :/

My first exam is Higher Physics. Then i have Information Systems two days after that. I am excited actually to be totally honest. The two of my easiest subjects are first this year: rather than last year being the last 2. Might help build my confidence for the tricker subjects :smile:.
Reply 3
Yeah, I'm nearly the exact same as higher dude. Physics then IS but I also have Music on the same day as IS in the afternoon :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by JP298
Yeah, I'm nearly the exact same as higher dude. Physics then IS but I also have Music on the same day as IS in the afternoon :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Attending Balwearie by any chance? - haha

Could a moderator also make this thread a sticky one (this is an important part of the year for Scottish pupils like myself)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ashleymacleod

My first exam is Higher Music then 2DAYS LATER i Have Advanced Higher Biology!!!!!! :afraid:
Reply 6
I've got 3 exams in three days!😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, anyone doing Higher History, have any of your teachers given you essay predictions that you can share?
I'm the same, just wondering if anyone has any essay predictions for higher History? cheers
Reply 9
Any predictions for Modern Studies. I have some but I want some other people to confirm these before I announce them (don't want people getting the wrong ideas etc)
Reply 10
Original post by Higherdude
Any predictions for Modern Studies. I have some but I want some other people to confirm these before I announce them (don't want people getting the wrong ideas etc)

My Modern Studies predictions..
Devolved decision making- Potentially conflict/cooperation between local and national govt..
Wealth and Health inequalities- Potentially factors that influence health, and something to do with government provisions..
Electoral Systems- definitely think there will be a voting behaviour question as there has not been one for ages!

International Issues(USA)- government policies, or checks and balances on the President.

What are your thoughts? Oh and what do you think for the DME? :smile:
Original post by McKieLucy
Hey, anyone doing Higher History, have any of your teachers given you essay predictions that you can share?

If you're doing the old higher, we were told that this year anything could come up as its the last year of this course. The only assumption I can make is that New Deal wont come up as its came up in the past two years already.
Original post by Ed2015
Devolved decision making- Potentially conflict/cooperation between local and national govt..
Wealth and Health inequalities- Potentially factors that influence health, and something to do with government provisions..
Electoral Systems- definitely think there will be a voting behaviour question as there has not been one for ages!

International Issues(USA)- government policies, or checks and balances on the President.

International (usa) - what about ethnic minoriteies achieving the american Dream, think that is a potential question
Reply 13
Original post by Larissa14
International (usa) - what about ethnic minoriteies achieving the american Dream, think that is a potential question

Yeah could be there hasn't been one since 2009 on the American Dream. With USA it is so hard to predict!
Original post by Ed2015
Yeah could be there hasn't been one since 2009 on the American Dream. With USA it is so hard to predict!

I know for use there won't be an immigration questions but I like that question. Sad
Original post by Ed2015

That + ethnic minorities > American Dream may come up.
Also a question on devolution is a maybe.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
What do you think for the dme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ed2015
What do you think for the dme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my honest opinion... Something to do with gender. I think this year in Scottish politics has been a good year for women. Maybe the report might consist of something to do with women or men.

It could be an education report aswell (i would actually love for that to happen... That would be my dream report)
Reply 18
So something to do with should there be quotas for women in scottish parliament or something?
Really?! Why Education?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's up peeps!

This year I'm doing AH Maths, Physics and French as well as Higher Computing.

Need to get AAB in my Advanced Highers for uni, so I've been putting in the hours! If anyone wants help with Higher stuff - in the aforementioned subjects/English - I would be willing to help out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending