The Student Room Group

Student Bank Accounts: help!

I'm currently applying for student finance and NHS funding, but I don't have a current account (only had temp jobs and in full time education) and the forms are asking for my bank details that I want the money to go into.

The student accounts look ideal but I can only get one once my offer becomes unconditional in the summer, so would anyone be able to give advice? Finance is not my area sadly!
Just open a normal current account and switch it over to a student account when you get the unconditional?
Reply 2
Original post by scrunkie
Just open a normal current account and switch it over to a student account when you get the unconditional?

Okay thank you, I'm not sure about switching so I guess it's a trip to the bank for me.
Reply 3
You don't need to have a bank account right at the moment. You can submit your application without bank account details and update them later when you get your unconditional offer. As long as you have a bank account open and have updated your application before your first payments are due, you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending