The Student Room Group

Can they change your entitlement?

So I've just received my student finance offer for a third year medical course. They have offered me £7455 of loan (no bursary) for living expenses. In the previous two years I have received around £5500. I know that I will be in uni for more weeks this year, but apart from that my circumstances haven't changed. It seems like a massive difference. My sister was offered a similar amount last year and they knocked it back down again. Should I trust this as the amount that I'll get or not?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Hippokrates
So I've just received my student finance offer for a third year medical course. They have offered me £7455 of loan (no bursary) for living expenses. In the previous two years I have received around £5500. I know that I will be in uni for more weeks this year, but apart from that my circumstances haven't changed. It seems like a massive difference. My sister was offered a similar amount last year and they knocked it back down again. Should I trust this as the amount that I'll get or not?

Id phone them up to double check as even though it isnt your fault they have the right to demand that you pay back the difference if they gave you extra immediately and if that happens after you have used it all that can be a big big problem

Quick Reply