The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by getfunky!
Space taken - will post in a bit.

That is spam (i.e. post not related to the thread topic). :mad:
Original post by The_Internet
http://en.alalam.ir/news/1693494

Just before this turns in to a **** storm, this has caused huge controversy in the kingdom itself, and on social media.

This being said, the bit about twitter being "the source of all evil" is kinda funny!

Comments, thoughts?

EDIT: brb eating your wife because you're extremely hungry after fasting.

No that's fake. He(the grand sheikh) denied it on arab news.

http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/730266

Please do not spread info which is clearly out there to dehumanise Muslims, can you edit that the story you gave is fake into the OP please.
Original post by Juichiro
That is spam (i.e. post not related to the thread topic). :mad:

edited the post:fluffy:
Original post by IdeasForLife

Please do not spread info which is clearly out there to dehumanise Muslims, can you edit that the story you gave is fake into the OP please.

I agree, You - the reader - are responsible for making sure that all sources are being interpreted in the correct manner and making sure the article is not just unsubstantiated.
right you are!

Speculation is a disease in journalism.

The article the OP linked as a source of information is questionable at the very least:

Other articles have reported he completely denies the allegation of such a “fatwa” being attributed to him.
The article reports it as an allegation and is only speculating over the concern. Other websites that reported the allegation have not linked to where the fatwa is supposedly found.
The source of the where the fatwa is published cannot be found because it does not exist!

The IBTimes links its sources of information as two articles published in Arabic by e3lam.org, a translation of the website

The alleged “fatwa” was published anonymously on internet pages that have no link back to the cleric they were posted anonymously!

Now to use common sense, the “fatwa” would go against the Islamic faith. Backbiting (speaking about others behind their backs) is considered an abhorrent act/sin by Muslims, and it is compared to that of eating the flesh of a human being, the comparison is given to highlight just how abhorrent backbiting is seen to be. Now why would a Grand Mufti ever think that cannibalism would be permissible:colonhash:

The Grand Mufti is also currently being reported as denying the allegation:

The source seems to stem from pro-Iranian media, as the current situation in Yemen seems to have Saudi Arabia trying to tackle rebels that many believe are being helped by Iran;

Tl;dr the articles are all conjecture and no evidence of him having published the “fatwa” is given, instead it is an allegation that is just being reported over and over again numerous times in the form of tabloid articles without reasonable information.

Lol nice edit, pretty detailed.

I agree, You - the reader - are responsible for making sure that all sources are being interpreted in the correct manner and making sure the article is not just unsubstantiated.

Yep!
Original post by Anjum - Yasmin
Hmm. This is legit.

Also, since most of them will have more than one wife mans got some choices like who tastes best? Who should I eat first?

It's not legit, fake story.

Reading mine or Funky's posts. Funks is better.
Lol nice edit, pretty detailed.

Yep!

It's not legit, fake story.

Reading mine or Funky's posts. Funks is better.

I know brah. Sarcasm duh.
Original post by Anjum - Yasmin
I know brah. Sarcasm duh.

Ah my bad. You may proceed :top:
Reply 27
I don't get Saudi Arabia :s-smilie:

Ah okies. Funks told me that it's not true last night but...tired, so I didnt close the thread at the time. I saw the word IB Times, and tbh, IB Times are USUALLY reliable so didnt bother looking in to it much

I dont think this was meant to "dehumanise Muslims" at all. Think it was more geared at rubbish coming out of Saudi Arabia - tbh, there IS rubbish coming out of Saudi Arabia, and the gov't over there isn't really known for particularly adhering to religion properly ie: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/mecca-for-the-rich-islams-holiest-site-turning-into-vegas-2360114.html

Which tbh, sounds about right because you have a KFC, Hardees and a pretty big American style mall right next to "Masjid Al Haram" (In English, it's the main mosque in Makkah)

Though a LITTLE OT

Any way, I'll close this thread, because no ones replied in 7 hours, and the news article is supposedly false! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending