The Student Room Group

A good textbook for CIE A Level Computer Science

Hi all,
I'm thinking of taking CIE A Level Computer Science in September. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good textbook. So far they don't have a proper subject textbook endorsed by the exam board since the subject Computer Science is new. It's replacing Computing. One of the textbooks that are listed on the website is A Level Computing by P.M. Heathcote and S. Langfield. The only problem is that this book is old (published in 2004) and uses old software to explain database concepts (Microsoft Access 2003) etc. So I'm looking for a newer textbook. Any ideas? It doesn't have to be geared towards A Levels specifically but as long as it covers some of the content in the syllabus I'm happy.

Thanks
Sean:hoppy:
Original post by seanster
Hi all,
I'm thinking of taking CIE A Level Computer Science in September. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a good textbook. So far they don't have a proper subject textbook endorsed by the exam board since the subject Computer Science is new. It's replacing Computing. One of the textbooks that are listed on the website is A Level Computing by P.M. Heathcote and S. Langfield. The only problem is that this book is old (published in 2004) and uses old software to explain database concepts (Microsoft Access 2003) etc. So I'm looking for a newer textbook. Any ideas? It doesn't have to be geared towards A Levels specifically but as long as it covers some of the content in the syllabus I'm happy.

Thanks
Sean:hoppy:

Hi did you find any answers to your question as I'm thinking of taking the CIE computer science A level

Quick Reply

Latest