The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aber 2015

Hello,

I was given an unconditional and took it as my first choice, and now as cringe as it is, I'm looking for other people who've chosen aber as their first and what courses/accommodation they're looking at :smile:
I'm doing a joint in international politics and Film and TV.

Thanks,
Sasha :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Running4Forrest
Hello,

I was given an unconditional and took it as my first choice, and now as cringe as it is, I'm looking for other people who've chosen aber as their first and what courses/accommodation they're looking at :smile:

Thanks,

Hey!

I firmed an unconditional offer to study Biochemistry and have applied for Rosser as my first choice accommodation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Hello,

Thanks,

Maths here.

Chose Ffern Penglais as my accom.
Reply 3
Hi!

I firmed an unconditional offer to study Geography and applied for PJM as my first choice accommodation. :smile:
Hello,

Thanks,

Hey,

I have accepted my offer (applied last year and deferred my entry) for Criminology, put PJM as my first accommodation :smile:
Original post by SamKeene
Maths here.

Chose Ffern Penglais as my accom.

Woo! and thats the same one I've applied for as my first choice :smile:
Original post by JDaveOH
Hey!

I firmed an unconditional offer to study Biochemistry and have applied for Rosser as my first choice accommodation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got rosser down as my second, it took me forever to figure out how to apply for the accommodation :') I just kept missing that little mouse button on the website
Original post by KT572
Hi!

I firmed an unconditional offer to study Geography and applied for PJM as my first choice accommodation. :smile:

Sweet! and congrats :smile: PJM is the little village right?
Original post by sophieacain
Hey,

I have accepted my offer (applied last year and deferred my entry) for Criminology, put PJM as my first accommodation :smile:

Oh cool, how come you deferred if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 9
I firmed my unconditional for marine and freshwater biology, and applied for Fferm Penglais

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh cool, how come you deferred if you dont mind me asking?

Just needed time out, wanted to get a job and earn a little bit. I have family abroad and wanted to go and spend some time with them...actually I'm going tomorrow for six weeks :smile:
Sweet! Where you off to? And why did you choose aber? My mom found it online and we trekked our way up and I was hooked at the open day :')
Original post by mrchazza
I firmed my unconditional for marine and freshwater biology, and applied for Fferm Penglais

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome :smile: I applied there too, it looks so bloody nice :O
Reply 13
Sweet! Where you off to? And why did you choose aber? My mom found it online and we trekked our way up and I was hooked at the open day :')

I'm not on deferred entry but I too am going to university after a gap year of work :smile:

As for choosing Aber, It's strange. An Aberystwyth rep came to my college during my AS year and did a talk about the University. I thought nothing of it. Then in my second year when it came to choosing a University I looked at Aber again online and decided I needed to visit. Visited in September last year and didn't want to leave!

Also, "trek" really is descriptive of the trip up to Aber. 7 hour drive for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey there, I've firmed Aber for Zoology and chosen Fferm Penglais :smile:
I know what you mean, I wanted to stay. The visit itself was like a mini holiday :smile:

I am now in Altinkum, Turkey which is where my mum and sister live. Here for six weeks now! One of my friends in high school mentioned aber so I had a look and loved it. Firmed and accepted my place before I even went to an open day bit I knew I'd love it anyway and I did :smile:
Reply 17
Sweet! and congrats :smile: PJM is the little village right?

Thanks :smile: Yeah - just down from Fferm, it was my favourite when visiting.
Original post by sophieacain
I am now in Altinkum, Turkey which is where my mum and sister live. Here for six weeks now! One of my friends in high school mentioned aber so I had a look and loved it. Firmed and accepted my place before I even went to an open day bit I knew I'd love it anyway and I did :smile:

It's so cute! All the houses are different colours and the uni it's self has a lot of charter :smile: and sick, It must be lovely out there right now
Original post by KT572
Thanks :smile: Yeah - just down from Fferm, it was my favourite when visiting.

They do seem to have the larger kitchens :biggrin: also I've heard that's its the most fun down there

Quick Reply

Latest