The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Briarfields as first choice accommodation?

Hey!
Anyone else put Briarfields as their first choice accommodation? And what course are you studying in September? :smile:

I put down the en-suite room and hopefully in the 7 person room, but not sure how likely it is to get them.
yes I did! i'll be studying Film and Media Studies. What are you studying? I really hope that i share a flat with 7 people instead of 3, it's the only thing worrying me.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
I'm studying Computer Science there :smile: Reaaalllyyy looking forward to finally moving there though, September needs to hurry up. I'll be disappointed if I get a 3 person room to be honest... I would have gone to Cambridge if their was ensuite (I'm picky :rolleyes: ) but hopefully I will get a 7 person one! What were your other choices?
Same, still ages off though! Yeah I looked at Cambridge and really liked them and I love the fact that you share with so many people but i just don't know if I can live with shared bathrooms... did you choose mixed or single gender?
So my choices were:
Briarfields - en suite
Cambridge
Briarfields - basic
victoria
What about you?:smile:
Reply 4
I'm sure it'll fly by though. Well, hopefully anyway! I would have gone for Birley I think it was, the one with like 8 people per room, but considering it was £140 a week, I don't think I could justify paying that :frown: Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for 7-bed flat at Briar :smile: And I chose mixed, and yourself? I also picked the option that said something like I want people who can tolerate noise, so whether my flatmates will be party animals or really quiet I'll have to see. I went for:
Briarfields - En suite
Cambridge
Victoria
Oxford.
Is your offer conditional or unconditional too?
yeah! I chose mixed too! Mines an unconditional offer and I'm on a gap year at the moment so the wait is even longer! You?:smile:
Reply 6
Oh mine too :biggrin: Well my 2nd year off anyway. Went travelling and did some volunteering first year and now I'm just working to save up money for uni :biggrin: What have you been doing in yours?
same really! Just working at the moment and in June I'm going to America!
Reply 8
Initially this is my first choice, but I've asked them to change my first choice to Cambridge. I'd rather live with 9 other people, than hope I get put in a 7-bed flat just for an ensuite.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending