The Student Room Group

F297 suspected question

Using the ZigZag practice papers I am trying to revise for the f297 exam. However I don't have the mark scheme and I am unsure on what points to make in the following question,
Recommend and justify a strategy which could enable SHL to improve their efficiency in developing new products.
If anyone could give me some ideas I would be grateful.
Original post by Ktj97
Using the ZigZag practice papers I am trying to revise for the f297 exam. However I don't have the mark scheme and I am unsure on what points to make in the following question,
Recommend and justify a strategy which could enable SHL to improve their efficiency in developing new products.
If anyone could give me some ideas I would be grateful.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the Business and Management forum for you as you should get more responses there. :smile:

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111
Reply 2
Hi there, i am studying for this too, but feel like the last question may be something like: by considering the views of SHL's stakeholders should SHL continue to offshore their production?
Reply 3
Original post by jakecre8
Hi there, i am studying for this too, but feel like the last question may be something like: by considering the views of SHL's stakeholders should SHL continue to offshore their production?

That would be such a good question to answer for 23 marks!
Reply 4
yeah I know! anything to do with stakeholders/objectives will likely come up. I need to look at critical path analysis tomorrow since that will defo be in it!
Reply 5
also, to actually answer your initial query: I think that you need to look at the data in the table that shows how long each stage of production and development takes. I know that the main way to improve efficiency will be to reduce lead time but thays not related to the question. I think its vague but thats just me. however, does cutting costs improve efficiency? if so, there's a lot to be said!
Reply 6
also, to actually answer your initial query: I think that you need to look at the data in the table that shows how long each stage of production and development takes. I know that the main way to improve efficiency will be to reduce lead time but thays not related to the question. I think its vague but thats just me. however, does cutting costs improve efficiency? if so, there's a lot to be said!

Maybe JIT production?
Reply 7
Here are some of the questions I have planned in preparation for the exam. These will most likely be the 18 markers and not the last question though.

The following are based around macro-economic factors:

To what extent might sourcing supplies offshore affect the achievement of SHL's objectives?

Discuss how a rise in interest rates might affect the strategic direction of SHL.

Discuss how SHL should strategically respond if direct taxation was to be increased in the UK.

Discuss how a period of sustained UK unemployment might affect the ability of SHL to achieve its objectives.

Discuss the possible actions SHL may have to take in light of the fashion market's inherent seasonality.

The following are based around stakeholders and objectives:

Discuss the extent to which SHL's staff can influence the ability of SHL to achieve it's objectives.

Discuss the extent to which SHL's suppliers can influence the ability of SHL to achieve it's objectives.

Discuss how different stakeholder groups might view SHL's strategic objective to increase the proportion of exports to 10% sales revenue by 2016.

Discuss how different stakeholder groups might view SHL's strategic objective to increase the proportion of sales from Harvey Direct to 40% sales revenue by 2016.

Discuss how different stakeholder groups might view SHL's strategic objective to pursue aggressive growth through the sale of Harvey franchises.

Evaluate which stakeholder group is likely to be most influential in the achievement of SHL's objectives.

Reply 8
Here are some of the questions I have planned in preparation for the exam. These will most likely be the 18 markers and not the last question though.

The following are based around macro-economic factors:

To what extent might sourcing supplies offshore affect the achievement of SHL's objectives?

Discuss how a rise in interest rates might affect the strategic direction of SHL.

Discuss how SHL should strategically respond if direct taxation was to be increased in the UK.

Discuss how a period of sustained UK unemployment might affect the ability of SHL to achieve its objectives.

Discuss the possible actions SHL may have to take in light of the fashion market's inherent seasonality.

The following are based around stakeholders and objectives:

Discuss the extent to which SHL's staff can influence the ability of SHL to achieve it's objectives.

Discuss the extent to which SHL's suppliers can influence the ability of SHL to achieve it's objectives.

Discuss how different stakeholder groups might view SHL's strategic objective to increase the proportion of exports to 10% sales revenue by 2016.

Discuss how different stakeholder groups might view SHL's strategic objective to increase the proportion of sales from Harvey Direct to 40% sales revenue by 2016.

Discuss how different stakeholder groups might view SHL's strategic objective to pursue aggressive growth through the sale of Harvey franchises.

Evaluate which stakeholder group is likely to be most influential in the achievement of SHL's objectives.

Thanks that was very helpful, did you use the case study analysis or just make it up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by r-t
Thanks that was very helpful, did you use the case study analysis or just make it up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used the case study for analysis if that is what you are asking. I know the case study very well and only use it for quotation rather than finding information to make points. :biggrin:
Reply 10
I used the case study for analysis if that is what you are asking. I know the case study very well and only use it for quotation rather than finding information to make points. :biggrin:

It's because I have the case study analysis aswell so some of the questions looked very familiar haha. I know the case study well too :smile: I think this is easier than the F292 case study last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
It's because I have the case study analysis aswell so some of the questions looked very familiar haha. I know the case study well too :smile: I think this is easier than the F292 case study last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't even know that there was a case study analysis available! Sorry for the confusion, these were questions I thought that needed answers prepared! The case study last year was easy too, but this one has a lot more evaluation and analysis points!
Reply 12
I didn't even know that there was a case study analysis available! Sorry for the confusion, these were questions I thought that needed answers prepared! The case study last year was easy too, but this one has a lot more evaluation and analysis points!

Yeh our school pays some company to make it for us. Oh okay they're good questions though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
hey guys,

I am confused about what to put for the following question

"to what extent is shl's £70m sales revenue abojective in 2016 realistic in the context of its current performance"

any ideas would be grateful

thank you
It's realistic as their 2013 revenue rose my 37% prior to last year saying that, their forecasted figures, 2014 - 9.8%, 2015- 12.5% and 2016 - 11.1% are significantly lower than the actual level of growth. Growth also occurred in the recession despite SHL's luxury goods, demonstrates the customer base isn't income elastic and furthermore, they're loyal. However, due to the highly competitive market, SHL may find consumer taste change and due to lack of market research, will they be prepared to respond effectively to keep sales revenue steady?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending