The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Worst place I've ever been is Worksop. I know not a city, but god the place is a dive. You can't walk down the street without someone hassling you or trying to sell you crystal meth. Loads of abandoned buildings and crap all over the place. Depressing town.

City wise..I hated Colchester..ful of squaddies and chavs.
Reply 41
I went to Oldham once. I never want to go back.
Bluelight
Newcastle, it was just so cold and the accent was abhorent.

Erm... Newcastle is definately amazing. Its cold? Ok... so are about 6,000 other places in the UK (thats not including Scotland which is much colder obviously). The accent is gorgeous, one of the best accents in the country I think. Now if you'd said Sunderland I would agree :biggrin: Sunderland is a dump... and everyone I know hates Hull, never been before... mayb I should visit :rolleyes:
I don't mind Colchester, it's got a good alternative scene so my sister tells me.
Reply 44
I would agree with the list in that Mansfield is pretty bad. Every time I visit family there it doesn't appear to have moved on since the mines and main factories closed.
I know hackney won the channel 4 thing for worst place but I would have told you that 4 years ago. It's the ****test place not only in Britain, but probably the world. I'd rather live in baghdad.
Reply 46
:rofl:
Reply 47
Hull happens to be rather awsome if you know where to go and where not to go! Drinks are cheap, people are very nice once you know them and theres not much crime. Yes there are estates, orchard park and brandsholme are two rather notable ones, but so what? everyone ive known from there has been nice enough. Theres however many millions of pounds being spent at the moment to make it even better!! If you havent visited then maybe you should before saying "its crap!" Many/Most of the museums are free, buses are plentiful etc...

And, as already mentioned, get with the times, Hull is not currently in the bottom 10 place to live, there is no point having a discssion with out of date facts and half truths.
Lloydy
people are very nice once you know them

that's not really showing hull in a good light lloydy.... for people that just want to visit

i'm sure the lads off "murder mile" in hackney are great when you get to know them as well:wink:
Reply 49
ApathyAndExhaustion
To be honest I really didn't enjoy Hull the couple of times I've been.

However I think the two most awful places I can recall going to are Stoke-on-Trent and Crewe. Jesus. The former is a terrifying netherworld of delapidation and tedium, and the latter is all ****ing roundabouts! I swear to God we drove around Crewe for about six hours trying to find somewhere interesting to go - to no avail. Just roundabouts.

wow someone mentioned a place full of roundabouts without mentioning Milton Keynes!
personally i love the layout of MK, its so hard to get lost!
Colchester; officially "England's anus".
Im gonna say Southampton...

But thats only because im from Portsmouth :p:
Reply 52
Some people say Hull is 'dull'.
Luton is by far the worst place to be, chav capital for a start.
*waves*.

Nah, it's not too bad here.
Reply 55
Carl1982
Luton is by far the worst place to be, chav capital for a start.

but it has the best cheap airport in the country, it's right next to the city, and you're not far from London.

There are loads of worse places than Luton, the Rhondda springs to mind for me. Luton is one of those middly, insignificant, you-wouldn't-notice-if-it-fell-off-the-map places.
can be dangerous Luton... a guy from school and his bro... (were about 17 & 19) got brick attacked and left in hospital for a few days....

this attack coming at mid-day on a playing field....

plus: apparently a lot of organised crime runs thru Luton as described by charles bronsan
Marsh Farm in Luton is very bad, always trouble there and also Bury Park.
PseudoPhoenix
Im gonna say Southampton...

But thats only because im from Portsmouth :p:

I would say Portsmouth...but I've been to Stoke and that's a much nastier place:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending