The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

for me.... luton, because its so grey.... also because of a lot of the ppl...

i think it won some award for greyest city or something a year or so ago as well....

edit: i see ur from stoke.... just 1 thing, when i was driving through stoke (like 1 long motorway i think that ran straight thru) there was no-one about , only saw one man with his dog, was spooky...
Reply 2
cjmcnair
for me.... luton, because its so grey.... also because of a lot of the ppl...

i think it won some award for greyest city or something a year or so ago as well....

edit: i see ur from stoke.... just 1 thing, when i was driving through stoke (like 1 long motorway i think that ran straight thru) there was no-one about , only saw one man with his dog, was spooky...

The city centre is quite far away from that road, and you honestly don't expect people to be walking all over this motorway :biggrin:

If it was on a matchday then that could be why...

And also believe it or not stoke has 5 different towns, all with their own town centres, with hanley being the official city centre, so it is a confusing city!
Reply 3
could someone give me a list for me to pick from? Ive only been to london, and that was three years ago :smile: I liked it and all, but the weather sucked. it was depressing... but i did like the city..as far as i can remember, it was a cool place... off of the topic...phasing out....:cool:
Reply 4
Burslem is the biggest **** hole I've ever been too and the people there are absolutely terrible (and quite ugly). Stay clear.
Reply 5
Newcastle, it was just so cold and the accent was abhorent.
Reply 6
I like the geordie accent, its cute. Way Ay man.
Reply 7
Crawley is quite bad, West Sussex actually get the least funding from the government for schools as it's thought to be a rich area. Most the money that is contributed goes up North, true story. So yeah our schools are awful through lack of funding.
Our chav population is just crazy, probably one of the worst areas this side of London.
Our hospital has closed down due to lack of funding, we have a NHS walk in centre running from a huge hospital. There is no maternity ward, so anyone from Crawley has to go on a 20 minute drive to East Surrey hospital.
Reply 8
Isn't Hull supposed to be a pretty horrid place to live? At least it has that reputation.
Reply 9
you lot have seen nothing until you go to the hell that is...

*spooky interlude*

Bedford :eek3:

My word, that is by far the worst place I have ever been to... and I have been to a lot of places.
Never felt so insecure in my life. Complete dump and you're constantly in fear of getting mugged or raped. It all looks like a ghetto. Drive fast if you want to keep your wheels.
Reply 10
Cal
Isn't Hull supposed to be a pretty horrid place to live?

No.

CAL
At least it has that reputation.

It did. It wasn't even on the top 10 worst places to live list this year.
From Channel 4's 'Best & Worst Places to Live in the UK'.

Top 10 Worst
1 - Hull
2 - Nottingham
3 - Strabane
4 - Hackney, London
5 - Middlesbrough
6 - Mansfield
7 - Blaenau Gwent, S Wales
8 - Merthyr Tydfil, S Wales
9 - Salford, Gtr Manchester
10 - Easington, County Durham

Top 10 Best
1 - Epsom and Ewell
2 - City of Westminster
3 - Harrogate
4 - Ashford, Kent
5 - Stratford Upon Avon
6 - East Hertfordshire
7 - South Cambridgeshire
8 - Mole Valley
9 - Guildford
10 - West Oxfordshire
Reply 12
mc_hamster

Top 10 Worst
1 - Hull
2 - Nottingham
3 - Strabane
4 - Hackney, London
5 - Middlesbrough
6 - Mansfield

Top 10 Best
1 - Epsom and Ewell
2 - City of Westminster
3 - Harrogate
4 - Ashford, Kent
5 - Stratford Upon Avon
6 - East Hertfordshire
7 - South Cambridgeshire
8 - Mole Valley
9 - Guildford
10 - West Oxfordshire

That was last year.

The wost place voted in 2006 was Hackney.

Try to keep up.
Reply 13
Cal
Isn't Hull supposed to be a pretty horrid place to live? At least it has that reputation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4136342.stm
Reply 14
Cal

NEVER EVER SAY THAT AGAIN------- please

:biggrin: <-- Just so it seems less harsh.....lol
Journalistix
That was last year.

The wost place voted in 2006 was Hackney.

Try to keep up.

Nope, I am right. It is 2006 look at this.
Reply 16
mc_hamster

Top 10 Worst
1 - Hull
2 - Nottingham
3 - Strabane
4 - Hackney, London
5 - Middlesbrough
6 - Mansfield

Top 5! I'll take it. I think we've dropped to no6 now.

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/best&worst/2006/worst.html
Reply 17
mc_hamster
Nope, I am right. It is 2006 look at this.

Are you stupid? Or blind?

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/best&worst/2006/worst.html

Hull is clearly not on this list. Which is 2006. Hull was on it last year at number one. The evidence that it is not on this years list clearly shows the city has improved out of the top ten.
Reply 18
Journalistix
No.

It did. It wasn't even on the top 10 worst places to live list this year.

THANK YOU!!!
it got a crappy report a year or so ago, and when you read the report, they only visited the dock area, and two of the council estates, now correct me if im wrong, but no matter which city you go to, if you only look at those places, they will be qually bad, but oh no, lets look at some nice pretty gardens in one city, n this nice museum in another... not really fair. hull has some lovely places, granted its got some bad aswell. but on a regular day to day basis most people wouldnt even know they existed, there not int he city centre so.....

/rant over with
So just because you were right you had to be rude about it? I was actually reading the BBC page.

Latest

Trending

Trending