The Student Room Group

University of charles in prague Discussion and Questions

Let's discuss about the czech medical university , charles , that's located in prague.

( This is an open discussion about the university itself , not ONLY about the exams )

-Well i still haven't entered it yet but i think they have that rule where you should be one of the top 100 international students ( in one country i think ) that do their exams .. now my question is , precisely for the people studying in charles ( lucky you lol ) . How did you prepare for the exam? i have prepared from campbell's book ( 8th ed ) but since im just an A level student , it is hard for me to memorize or apply these terms in a matter of weeks ( the exam is on the 18th ). you think studying from the A level books of edexcel is enough? Oh and Did it happen to you where you didn't know how to awnser so you literally picked any of the options?
Hello!
I would like to apply to!
i have one major problem though that might seem very very stupid: I don't know how to send my application and therefor I have a few questions:
--> do I have to sign it before sending it?
--> To which e-mail address do I send it?

the deadline to send application is nearring and I don't know what to do !!!
Well i applied to it but through an education center , i have also written the exam in that education center.. so i think you should find the nearest education center and ask them if you can conduct the exam in there . Well if you're out of options , you can go to the university itself on the 2nd of july , they will conduct their exam there. Well there are several "varients" of the application paper , sadly , mine had nothing asking for signatures ... but .. as far as i remember , print the paper , sign it and scan it . You can either send the email to the university itself or to any education center that can conduct this exam .. good luck
Sadly, passing the exam in Prague is my only option.
Thanks for your help :smile: :smile:
i have also written the exam in that education center

How was it ? dis you find it difficult?
Original post by porcellain
Sadly, passing the exam in Prague is my only option.
Thanks for your help :smile: :smile:

How was it ? dis you find it difficult?

i actually wrote a huge comment about the tips but TSR seemed to delete it for violations hahaha.
Reply 5
Hey guys I'm a current 2nd year at the first faculty in Prague doing medicine. Feel free to ask any as about the city, course, uni or exam....I'm happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Errhmm .. 1- How did you exactly study for the exam? 2-Do you have free time to do your favorite hobbies or is it just like any medicine student said "we study all day long . literally " .3- is the foundation year effecient ( in charles university ) ?
Reply 7
Original post by stevezarif12
Errhmm .. 1- How did you exactly study for the exam? 2-Do you have free time to do your favorite hobbies or is it just like any medicine student said "we study all day long . literally " .3- is the foundation year effecient ( in charles university ) ?

Well when I did my exam, I just finished my Alevels so everything was still fresh in my head. But the CGP books are quite good. I used the syllabus that was given and just make sure that you cover everything on there.
Well obviously, you're gonna be studying medicine which is a very demanding course and this uni has a LARGEEE emphasis on independent study so almost all of your free time will be spent studying. But like everything else you need a break from it all and managing your time efficiently will allow you to relax and Prague is an amazing city to do just about anything.
What do you mean by foundation year...do you mean FY1 equivalent (for UK)?? Well if you do, the course includes the first foundation year and sorry I know nothing about it!! But as far as I know, almost all the graduates which go on to practise in the UK, start the foundation years (in UK) from the beginning just to get more exposure and get used to the ways things work in the NHS as there will be some differences to their Czech counterparts.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by patel101
Hey guys I'm a current 2nd year at the first faculty in Prague doing medicine. Feel free to ask any as about the city, course, uni or exam....I'm happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi. I would like to know if someone show us around the medicine uni if I come to Prague. Pls let me know. Thanks.
Reply 9
Original post by patel101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you graduate yet and get a job
How was the overall experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending