The Student Room Group

Should I redo year 12?

Hi, I was just hoping for some advice in general, maybe from someone who's faced a similar situation? Basically I made terrible choices for my A Level subjects (English Language, Psychology, Media: Communication and Production, Fine Art) because I wanted to have a balance of creative and academic subjects, as I didn't really have any idea of what I wanted to do, and I've always been into art. Due to several on-going personal issues (which I'm not trying to use as an excuse) I'm not exactly going to do as well as I could- I can get As for AS but this isn't achievable for my coursework subjects anymore. I love English and Psychology, and I'm thinking of getting into writing or criminology. I've been to Cambridge University as part of the Shadowing Scheme and am hoping to go again with Sutton Trust, and I absolutely love it, but I am well aware that with my subject choice it is unlikely that I would have a chance of getting in. I am much better at subjects such as English and Psychology, and hopefully next year I'll be in a better position to completely focus on studying in general. Any opinions on what would be best for me to do would be greatly appreciated, because I have no idea. I'm thinking about possibly dropping art now so I can focus on my other subjects, dropping out and starting again next year (and getting work experience in the meantime), sticking it out at my current college, or going to another college next year (I've already applied) where subjects such as Classical Civilisation, Criminology and Forensic Science would be available. Thank you! :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest