The Student Room Group

What type of qualifications do these count for?

1. An OCR Level 2 National First Award - got 3 passes and 1 merit of total units. How many GSCEs does this equate to? What would be the GCSE/s grade (e.g. is a pass equal to a C or what? Or would it be a number (see below)).

2. GCSE short course - this is supposedly half a GCSE but which GCSE grade is it equal to/ number?

I've got to fill out an application but 'GCSE' is the closest category I can select - and then I've got to give a letter/ number of either A* to G or 1 to 7. Ahhh! Please help... BTW, what are the numbers for? For example, I've got a D*D* BTEQ grade - do I put that as a 1? Thanks so much :smile::smile:
Reply 1
Original post by studiousperson
1. An OCR Level 2 National First Award - got 3 passes and 1 merit of total units. How many GSCEs does this equate to? What would be the GCSE/s grade (e.g. is a pass equal to a C or what? Or would it be a number (see below)).

I think a First Award s the size of a single GCSE. A pass at Level 2 would be equivalent to a C garde.

2. GCSE short course - this is supposedly half a GCSE but which GCSE grade is it equal to/ number

It's half a GCSE at whatever grade you got.

I've got to fill out an application but 'GCSE' is the closest category I can select - and then I've got to give a letter/ number of either A* to G or 1 to 7. Ahhh! Please help... BTW, what are the numbers for? For example, I've got a D*D* BTEQ grade - do I put that as a 1?

If you have a BTEC and the overall grade is D*D* then it is (sort-of) equivalent to A*A* at GCSE.
Original post by Compost
I think a First Award s the size of a single GCSE. A pass at Level 2 would be equivalent to a C garde

It's half a GCSE at whatever grade you got.

If you have a BTEC and the overall grade is D*D* then it is (sort-of) equivalent to A*A* at GCSE.

Thanks again Compost... so I'm still between placing the first award under C or the number 3 and I've so far got the D*D* as '1' - not sure if one means the best or worst :frown: ...

Quick Reply

Latest