The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Park village vs Park houses, HELP!

I am trying to decide on which accommodation to put as my first choice!

Park village is cheaper compared to Park houses (almost £20 a week difference!).

I am not looking at en-suite rooms, just a standard single room for either of them!

I have looked at the accommodation tours on youtube but it isn't clear on how big the kitchen is and what the communal bath/showers are like!

Anyone got pros and cons for both (besides price)?
Original post by Dancatpro
I am trying to decide on which accommodation to put as my first choice!

Park village is cheaper compared to Park houses (almost £20 a week difference!).

I am not looking at en-suite rooms, just a standard single room for either of them!

I have looked at the accommodation tours on youtube but it isn't clear on how big the kitchen is and what the communal bath/showers are like!

Anyone got pros and cons for both (besides price)?

When I went on the accommodation tour, the kitchen at one of the Park Houses seemed kinda small, especially seeing as you're sharing with so many other people (11 other people), whereas in Park Village there's two kitchens per the same amount of people.

As for the shower facilities, its pretty much the same situation in both, just a small room with a shower in and another with a toilet which you share with 5 or 6 other people. I'm personally going with Park Village, mainly because of the cost and because I won't have to share the kitchen with as many people compared to Park Houses :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by carrrrrie
When I went on the accommodation tour, the kitchen at one of the Park Houses seemed kinda small, especially seeing as you're sharing with so many other people (11 other people), whereas in Park Village there's two kitchens per the same amount of people.

As for the shower facilities, its pretty much the same situation in both, just a small room with a shower in and another with a toilet which you share with 5 or 6 other people. I'm personally going with Park Village, mainly because of the cost and because I won't have to share the kitchen with as many people compared to Park Houses :smile:

Thanks a lot for the response! Park village it is then!
Reply 3
Original post by carrrrrie

I thought the kitchen in park houses was a decent size for the amount of people & it had a table/space for sitting which Park village's kitchens didn't.

Quick Reply

Latest