The Student Room Group

King's College London vs. University of Bath

Hi,
I got offers for Bsc Psychology from both universities and am really glad about it, yet I'm having a really hard time to decide. I'm an international student and in my country King's is a well known and prestigious school while Bath isn't heard as much. Bath has a great psychology course that ranks among the top 5 in the uk, yet King's is only starting to give the Psychology course this year which feels to me a bit as a risk.I don't know what to do and I'm worried about making the wrong choice.
İt would be great to get some help and opinions,
Thanks!!
Original post by talyahecin
Hi,
I got offers for Bsc Psychology from both universities and am really glad about it, yet I'm having a really hard time to decide. I'm an international student and in my country King's is a well known and prestigious school while Bath isn't heard as much. Bath has a great psychology course that ranks among the top 5 in the uk, yet King's is only starting to give the Psychology course this year which feels to me a bit as a risk.I don't know what to do and I'm worried about making the wrong choice.
İt would be great to get some help and opinions,
Thanks!!

well done for your offers! I know King's may feel like a risk at the moment, but the course is predicted to be brilliant as the postgraduate degree in psychology they offer and their research power are ranked among the best in the world. I also have an offer for this course, and when I went on the offers day it was very impressive! Bath, on the other hand, is one of the top and most competitive courses currently so is also a brilliant choice. :smile:
In terms of teaching they're both going to be good. One of the main considerations should be do you want to live in bath or london? Very different places. Also, a lot of employers won't really care how "prestigious" or old the institution you went to is.
Reply 3
Original post by finchieface
well done for your offers! I know King's may feel like a risk at the moment, but the course is predicted to be brilliant as the postgraduate degree in psychology they offer and their research power are ranked among the best in the world. I also have an offer for this course, and when I went on the offers day it was very impressive! Bath, on the other hand, is one of the top and most competitive courses currently so is also a brilliant choice. :smile:

Wow, thank you! İt's still hard to decide but i'n starting to lean towards King's as i heat about the predictions. Where will you choose to go by the way?
I would go with Bath - living in London is very expensive and it's not the same experience as studying at a campus university.

There are always 'teething' problem with any new degree course ... don't risk it.
Its up to you, I would choose based on the city. I do believe that despite everything King's has a better reputation just because it has that international rep that Bath doesn't.

It is a risk being a new course and all, but the good thing is that there will be extra attention paid to the first cohort which could come into your favor although there won't be any alumni for you to connect with.

If it was me I would choose King's because of the rep and London but if you don't like London, Bath might be the better option.
Original post by Okorange

It is a risk being a new course and all, but the good thing is that there will be extra attention paid to the first cohort which could come into your favor although there won't be any alumni for you to connect with.

Don't assume there will be extra support for the first cohort - it's more likely to be under-resourced in terms of staff etc. They can't anticipate what students will need so can't provide it ...
Original post by Muttley79
Don't assume there will be extra support for the first cohort - it's more likely to be under-resourced in terms of staff etc. They can't anticipate what students will need so can't provide it ...

Actually you might be right usually the 2nd and 3rd cohorts get the best deal probably.

Quick Reply

Latest