The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter accommodation help?!

Anyone looking at Lafrowda, Rowe House and St German?
Lafrowda is def my first choice - not sure what to put as 2nd?
Do you have to put a 3rd?? :smile:
Anyone else going to be taking Biological Sciences?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
im going for self catered birks, lafrowda and st germans i think (im not sure about that order or st germans vs rowe) yes you need three choices. I too am taking bio sciences :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by H-Barca
im going for self catered birks, lafrowda and st germans i think (im not sure about that order or st germans vs rowe) yes you need three choices. I too am taking bio sciences :smile:

Ah, its nice to know someone else taking bio sciences! I was thinking of putting birks down as second but I didnt get to see it on my open or applicant day so i wasnt really sure what it was like!
Reply 3
Original post by daisyn

did the exact same.. lafrowda, rowe house and st german's.. for psychology :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by mols08
did the exact same.. lafrowda, rowe house and st german's.. for psychology :smile:

Yeah, i think thats what I'm going for too! I'm so excited for september! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by mols08

Haha I did the same, also for psychology! :biggrin: Seems like a popular trio!
Reply 6
Original post by Ingamo
Haha I did the same, also for psychology! :biggrin: Seems like a popular trio!

Yess! well it definitely makes sense because they're all so close to the psychology buildings but also to the forum :smile:
Original post by daisyn

Going for the same accomodation :smile:
Reply 8
I've chosen:
1 - Lafrowda
2 - Rowe
3 - Birks

I'm going to be studying Theology and Religion. Hope everyone get's their first choice accommodation!
Reply 9
For anyone applying to Birks - I will be one of many people to give you a heads up about the Uni's (in)famous 'Cardiac Hill' that goes from Birks to the campus. As the name suggests, it's quite a steep hill that will probably knock your breath out a bit and might make you sweat in the summer. It's definitely hard to get used to the first few weeks/months, but later on you don't really care. Otherwise Birks is pretty good and one of the newest and most popular accommodation blocks. It's around a 20-25 minute walk from the high street, and it's a 10-15 minute walk from the Forum (main campus building) depending on how fast you walk. Basically everything on campus is within 15-20 minutes from Birks.

Lafrowda is another popular choice and it's a bit closer to campus (and obviously doesn't have the hill). It's also right by the uni nightclub. The walk to city center is pretty much the same I think.
Reply 10
Original post by DPOJ
I've chosen:
1 - Lafrowda
2 - Rowe
3 - Birks

I'm going to be studying Theology and Religion. Hope everyone get's their first choice accommodation!

I've chosen the exact same combination of accommodation, and am also studying Theology and Religion!!
Reply 11
Original post by CiaT
I've chosen the exact same combination of accommodation, and am also studying Theology and Religion!!

Haha, oh wow! Maybe we Theology students think alike! What were the chances? Did you go to the post application open say on 11th March?
Reply 12
Original post by DPOJ
Haha, oh wow! Maybe we Theology students think alike! What were the chances? Did you go to the post application open say on 11th March?

Ooh no i didnt! Bit of a long story but im moving from a different uni haha so i applied late in like April! Thankfully they let me in though :smile: was the open day good?
Reply 13
Original post by CiaT
Ooh no i didnt! Bit of a long story but im moving from a different uni haha so i applied late in like April! Thankfully they let me in though :smile: was the open day good?

Oh i see. What uni are you coming from and how come?

Yeah the open day was amazing! I loved it and didnt want to leave. The modules look interesting and the staff and students are so friendly.
Reply 14
Original post by daisyn

Hi, I'm also taking Biological Sciences! :smile: I'm putting St German's as my first choice, and probably Northfield as my second, though I'm not sure about a third. Maybe Birks? Do you think living in a studio would make it harder to meet people?
Reply 15
Original post by ER141
Hi, I'm also taking Biological Sciences! :smile: I'm putting St German's as my first choice, and probably Northfield as my second, though I'm not sure about a third. Maybe Birks? Do you think living in a studio would make it harder to meet people?

Maybe, I think sharing a kitchen/living area will be a great way to meet others and being in a studio may make it a little more difficult as your not constantly around other people, but I guess it really depends on whether you mind a smaller living space making socializing easier or if you really want a studio. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending