The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult nursing at yeovil

Hey.
Move firmed a place for adult nursing with yeovil as my locality. I was wondering if anyone else has firmed for here. Would be nice to get know some people before starting. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Lucyc87
Hey.
Move firmed a place for adult nursing with yeovil as my locality. I was wondering if anyone else has firmed for here. Would be nice to get know some people before starting. :smile:

Hi Lucy,

I'm not studying nursing but I am a BU student who comes from Yeovil, so if there's anything you'd like to know about the area then I'd be happy to help :smile:

Alice
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by AliBonce
Hi Lucy,

I'm not studying nursing but I am a BU student who comes from Yeovil, so if there's anything you'd like to know about the area then I'd be happy to help :smile:

Alice

Hi. Thanks for replying, erm im originally from the area so that should be fine, is that parking available? As I'll be driving there each day
Reply 3
Hiya I've firmed my place at Yeovil for nursing .... Just gotta pass my degree I'm doing now! Haha do you know the start dates for the course ? Drew 😄
Reply 4
Original post by Drew87
Hiya I've firmed my place at Yeovil for nursing .... Just gotta pass my degree I'm doing now! Haha do you know the start dates for the course ? Drew 😄

Hey :smile:
I was starting to panic im the only one lol, ah so you're doing post grad? What degree are you doing at the moment?
On all my letters it says 21st sept as a start date.
Reply 5
I haven't seen much on the forum for UCY! I'm doing a health and social foundation degree atm, only got two assignments left to hand in then I'm finished!! 😀 I will be doing another undergrad degree but in the In the interview the guy said he could APEL units across from the foundation so I should hopefully have less coursework to do in the first year 😀 he did say best case scenario I could skip the first year but I'm not sure if that will happen.... Have you had anything for occy health come through yet ?
Reply 6
Original post by Drew87
I haven't seen much on the forum for UCY! I'm doing a health and social foundation degree atm, only got two assignments left to hand in then I'm finished!! 😀 I will be doing another undergrad degree but in the In the interview the guy said he could APEL units across from the foundation so I should hopefully have less coursework to do in the first year 😀 he did say best case scenario I could skip the first year but I'm not sure if that will happen.... Have you had anything for occy health come through yet ?

Ah okay :smile: sounds good! No I haven't either, I'm going to a open day in June as haven't been there yet, are you local to yeovil?
Yeh, I had occu and dbs through pretty quickly from them :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Lucyc87
Hi. Thanks for replying, erm im originally from the area so that should be fine, is that parking available? As I'll be driving there each day

Hi Lucy,

I don't know about parking at UCY specifically, but I do know that there are lots of residential roads around UCY that you can park on if they don't have parking facilities. There is also parking at Yeovil College and the road that the college is on, which isn't far from UCY, so that could be an option too.

Alice
Reply 8
Hi I will be starting Yeovil in September for adult nursing 😁 there is parking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by abby1990
Hi I will be starting Yeovil in September for adult nursing 😁 there is parking

QUOTE]i I was starting to worry I was the only one lol. I'm going to the open day there next week, have you been yet?
Reply 10
Yes I've been a couple times, took different family members each time! 😁 I did ask about seeing the skills lab but that was not possible at the time, as it is in Yeovil hospital (I think). It's a small centre, not a very big library but they allow students to use the colleges books and can order them for you. Everyone was very nice we spoke to. Just can't wait to start now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I will be travelling too, not quite sure how that's going to be with the shifts though. Hopefully it's something il get used to with time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Yes I've been a couple times, took different family members each time! 😁 I did ask about seeing the skills lab but that was not possible at the time, as it is in Yeovil hospital (I think). It's a small centre, not a very big library but they allow students to use the colleges books and can order them for you. Everyone was very nice we spoke to. Just can't wait to start now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping I like it, I did originally want the big uni atmosphere but smaller may work as it won't be as intimidating. Yeh I'm excited to start now lol, really want my timetable but I guess we won't get that until just before we start. Are you local to yeovil?
Reply 13
Timetable would be really useful! When I went for open day I'm sure they said it would only be a few days a week. I live in Taunton, not too far. I have family in Yeovil and Crewkerne though. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
P.s. Not sure how to reply direct to your messages I'm using the phone app.. lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Yeh a lot of unis say a few days, think it's quite intense the first few weeks :/ Ahh that's not so bad, I'm in woking, but my dad lives in chard (where I come from) so I'll be staying with him and coming home when I can
Reply 16
That's not too bad then, travelling from Chard. I come from Crewkerne originally. Enjoy the open day. If there is any info on timetables let me know :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
That's not too bad then, travelling from Chard. I come from Crewkerne originally. Enjoy the open day. If there is any info on timetables let me know :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh I will do :smile: is there a talk or anything on adult nursing? Or a stand?
Reply 18
There was a talk and a stand when I last went. I spoke to a male lecturer (can't remember his name) who was really helpful and able to answer questions I had.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I worked with a nurse who studied at Yeovil centre, recently qualified and he really enjoyed it. Said you'll love it there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending