The Student Room Group

Failing my AS Levels?

Hi.

My name is Jamie and I'm 17, taking 4 AS Levels. I have ADD which means I find it very hard to revise and throughout GCSE's, I never revised once. I was predicted about 6 A's and 4 B's, ended up getting 1 A, 5 B's and a C because I "winged" every single exam. I was pretty much forced into going into Sixth Form by my family (and peer pressure) and now, I'm stuck.

I have been doing minimal work and now it's coming upto exams, 4 weeks away, I can't revise and literally know the bare minimum to get 4 E's. In my mocks, I didn't revise and got 1B and 3 U's.. I don't know what to do, how to get myself out of this mess or anything. My notes are scruffy and I can't even read them.

I've tried recording myself and listening to it whilst at the gym, running (etc), listening to music and reading through my notes, I've tried speaking aloud, I've tried so much and nothing is helping me..

Please help me and advise me what to do.

Thank you.
First, stop panicking, this will not help you achieve anything. Focus on the bright side and what is possible, 4 weeks is still a lot of time to accomplish goals, I myself have ADHD.. do the best you can; focusing on what is possible. Don't think twice, it's alright. If you screw up anyway, do them all next year in A levels ( both AS/A2 at once ) by dropping a subject because you only need 3 A levels but don't depend on that and leave your revision for then! Do you best now, even if you underachieve now, you will remember what you've learned for next year's revision. Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending