The Student Room Group

Does anyone else notice a trend?

Young people - labour voters
Older people - conversative voters
its been like that forever? young people are always more likely to vote left.
It's certainly true that old people can be very conversative. Some of them can ramble on and on for hours...it's also true that they can have really interesting things to say.
Reply 3
"If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."
Reply 4
Haven't you ever noticed the 1st labour prime minister to last for 3 terms screwed up Britain in economic and that's why?
Reply 5
Original post by Dez
"If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain."

I like this quote, because it's true :tongue: experienced people vote for convervative for a reason
Original post by ckfeister
I like this quote, because it's true :tongue: experienced people vote for convervative for a reason

How old are you
Reply 7
I'm 16 and I noticed that conservative improved UK, while labour digged holes if conservative wins this time the tution fees are probably going to disappeare and everything will be improved in some ways. If labour wins then uh... back to old britain before 2010.
Reply 8

With age comes wisdom, in the form of teeth at least. Experience usually also means cynicism, so there's that to consider too I suppose. :smile:
Reply 9
It could also be you become tied down with a mortgage, jobs and kids, which makes you less likely to vote left as it involves change and that's no good for your interest rates and comfortable life - too unpredictable.
Original post by Dez

I have no issue with being labeled a heartless **** :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 16 and I noticed that conservative improved UK, while labour digged holes if conservative wins this time the tution fees are probably going to disappeare and everything will be improved in some ways. If labour wins then uh... back to old britain before 2010.

You must either live in Central London or an affluent area.

Coming from a working class area, the Tories definitely have not noticed how the Tories have improved the UK.

Out of interest, what particular aspects have you noticed an improvement on?

These threads make me cringe, people who know **** all saying really cliche and obvious phrases.

And OP, not really. I'd say that's only for people from wealthier middle class backgrounds. When they're young and dependent on their parents (students) they don't give a toss, so vote Labour because it is the more moral option, but when they become professionals they start to resent paying taxes and blame it all on labour.
Reply 12
I'm from a VERY poor place, however I'm like the odd one out in general. (I'm in a working class area; isle of sheppey)

Labour left us in massive debt and economic crisis as well.

Conservative have repaired the economic, making more jobs instead of the decrease they did. Our mess was almost as bad as what Greece is today. If labour goes back in command everything that David Cameron has done will be destroyed and we willl go back to square one, and this time they can't blame the goverment, this time they can blame it on THEMSELVES for voting for labour in the 1st place!

Conservative are making a bursary for univerities etc, however labour is cutting it down and still having debt. What don't you understand! Labour = bad new Conservative = good news
Reply 13
Haven't you ever noticed the 1st labour prime minister to last for 3 terms screwed up Britain in economic and that's why?

John Major and Thatcher (poll tax) not exactly good posterboys for Conservative economic policy either.
Original post by whorace
John Major and Thatcher (poll tax) not exactly good posterboys for Conservative economic policy either.

Margret Thatcher, for all her flaws, turned this country back from the abyss it was staring into, not to mention she protected the Falkland Islands which now has billions of barrels of oil which can provide vast amounts of money.
We'll I'm a young person and definitely going to be voting conservative this electiom

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending