The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies compared to Higher History?

Thoughts on if its easier/harder and if the type of work is similar? In short if ive done Higher history could i easily crash moddies?
Reply 1
You definitely could! I am in fifth year doing Modern Studies and I am crashing it. It's really interesting and one of the only subjects I actually enjoy. If you are good at the History essays i reckon you will be fine.
Original post by Ed2015
You definitely could! I am in fifth year doing Modern Studies and I am crashing it. It's really interesting and one of the only subjects I actually enjoy. If you are good at the History essays i reckon you will be fine.

Thanks alot for the reply, yeah everyone I have spoke to says its an easy A and I looked at the course notes and it looks really good.
Reply 3
No problem :smile: For Modern Studies you just have to be aware of whats happening in the world, so like checking the bbc app regularly which isn't really time consuming or difficult. The only issue is time, 22 minutes for each essay isn't fun.. but I guess you will be doing the new Higher which is apparently easier!
Original post by Ed2015
No problem :smile: For Modern Studies you just have to be aware of whats happening in the world, so like checking the bbc app regularly which isn't really time consuming or difficult. The only issue is time, 22 minutes for each essay isn't fun.. but I guess you will be doing the new Higher which is apparently easier!

Ive managed a 2 hour history extended essay so 22 mins is nothing :P. Yeah I heard they made the exam so much easier with the new higher.
I took Higher History this year and lemme tell you - I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH!
I'm gonna crash Higher Mods next year and do AH History too.
My friend who takes both says that Mods is super easy and is pretty much the same as history although obvs they are in different times haha!
I want to take Higher Mods because 1. My teacher said i could easy pass with an A, and 2. I literally don't know anything about politics/news so I need to know some stuff for future life haha!
I like history a lot too! Downside is I'm so lazy and hate revising for essays haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending