The Student Room Group

Revising PSYA1 and PSYA2

Hi, I was wondering what are some good ways of revising for PSYA1 and PSYA2 as I haven't even started yet and the first exam is in 28 days:frown:
Any ways of making them easier to remember like key facts and studies and also, how should I divide my time? I find it so difficult to balance everything!
I got an A overall is Psychology last year with two high As in PSYA1/2 and this is what I did:
Make flashcards of the studies and their evaluation points - focus on the key pieces of information needed to get you the marks, try to keep it concise but detailed too.
Learn your definitions! There's not a lot of definitions for psychology in comparison to other subjects but make sure you know the different elements of the multi store model of memory and the different attachment types for instance.
Make mind maps and essay plans of all the possible 12 markers that could come up (Loopa has a list of them if you need that for guidance). I often found by doing this I'd also be learning content for some of the smaller outline and evaluation questions too.
Don't forget your research methods. It's tedious and boring but the more you practice the questions, the more it'll come to you and you'll be prepared answering a question on it. Also, remember that in PSYA1 the research methods questions are often embedded in context of either memory or attachment so remember to link back to the context (this can apply to other, non research methods questions too though).

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by smozsolution
I got an A overall is Psychology last year with two high As in PSYA1/2 and this is what I did:
Make flashcards of the studies and their evaluation points - focus on the key pieces of information needed to get you the marks, try to keep it concise but detailed too.
Learn your definitions! There's not a lot of definitions for psychology in comparison to other subjects but make sure you know the different elements of the multi store model of memory and the different attachment types for instance.
Make mind maps and essay plans of all the possible 12 markers that could come up (Loopa has a list of them if you need that for guidance). I often found by doing this I'd also be learning content for some of the smaller outline and evaluation questions too.
Don't forget your research methods. It's tedious and boring but the more you practice the questions, the more it'll come to you and you'll be prepared answering a question on it. Also, remember that in PSYA1 the research methods questions are often embedded in context of either memory or attachment so remember to link back to the context (this can apply to other, non research methods questions too though).

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much, very helpful! Will try some of your ideas :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest