The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

Swansea Met accommodation

I will be studying Product Design in September and I am not sure what accommodation to apply for. I recently visited Mount Pleasant however I would like to bring my car with me. How far is Townhill? Would it be possible to park anywhere near Mount Pleasant? Which accommodation is better?

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm going to be studying Surface Pattern Design in September and I'm having the same problem. I've already applied for accommodation - Mount Pleasant was my first choice as there's en-suites and the campus is really close to the city centre. I've been offered a room at mount pleasant that I am going to accept just want to know if there's any on street parking near by?
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Reply 2
Original post by daisyt123
Hi, I'm going to be studying Surface Pattern Design in September and I'm having the same problem. I've already applied for accommodation - Mount Pleasant was my first choice as there's en-suites and the campus is really close to the city centre. I've been offered a room at mount pleasant that I am going to accept just want to know if there's any on street parking near by?

I recently visited the accommodation and mount pleasant is very basic, I didn't notice any street parking available which is annoying as I wanted to take my car with me so I might apply for townhill. Are you moving from far away from Swansea?
I visited both and Mount Pleasant was a lot newer and fresher/cleaner looking than Townhill. The rooms are smaller than those at townhill however it is flat style living rather than more 'dorm' style accommodation which I felt like at townhill due to the larger amount of people sharing toilets/showers/kitchens. Parking is definitely a plus, I live around a 3/3 and a half hour drive away so not too far but still quite a way!
Reply 4
I visited both and Mount Pleasant was a lot newer and fresher/cleaner looking than Townhill. The rooms are smaller than those at townhill however it is flat style living rather than more 'dorm' style accommodation which I felt like at townhill due to the larger amount of people sharing toilets/showers/kitchens. Parking is definitely a plus, I live around a 3/3 and a half hour drive away so not too far but still quite a way!

I wouldn't want to share toilets or walk for 30 minutes everywhere so do you know how far town hill is from mount pleasant please? I heard that Townhill has better student life than mount pleasant so that's also a minus for me. I only live an hour away so I'm hoping I can get a place.
I think it took us around 15 minute's to drive there as its not right in the city centre, would probably take around half an hour to walk? I think buses run fairly frequently though.. mount Pleasant is a lot smaller so probably won't have as much of a social scene. I guess it just depends on what your accommodation priorities are!
Reply 6
Thanks! I'll try to find out about street parking but will most probably apply for mount pleasant so see you in September!
Reply 7

hey, I've also applied for Mount pleasant and I did ages ago and haven't heard anything!(yet) just wondering when did you heard back from the uni?
Reply 8
Original post by jnawms
Hi there, im currently a Swansea met student, i live in private halls, they are a new block of building and very modern, they all have en-suite bathroom and a shared kitchen, the student life really good, so many people and the friends you make, is all worth it. the building is called Fresh Student Living, Swansea St Davids

Thank you for your reply! I will consider it:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by serenevs
hey, I've also applied for Mount pleasant and I did ages ago and haven't heard anything!(yet) just wondering when did you heard back from the uni?

Hi, how did you apply? I sent an email asking if i could apply as that's what I was told to do when I went to see the accommodation however I still haven't heard back from them! My friend also applied for mount pleasant and said they take a while, so don't worry!
Original post by julia1325
Hi, how did you apply? I sent an email asking if i could apply as that's what I was told to do when I went to see the accommodation however I still haven't heard back from them! My friend also applied for mount pleasant and said they take a while, so don't worry!

I emailed them and they sent me the application, and I did it that way. Like it was when you could first apply i did it :smile: oh right so your still waiting to? apparently they don't get back to you till July?
Reply 11
I emailed them and they sent me the application, and I did it that way. Like it was when you could first apply i did it :smile: oh right so your still waiting to? apparently they don't get back to you till July?

Aw okay thank you! It's been weeks and I'm still waiting for an email from them so I will just phone tomorrow morning! Oh I hope not😕
Aw okay thank you! It's been weeks and I'm still waiting for an email from them so I will just phone tomorrow morning! Oh I hope not������

Yeah same it's so frustrating waiting haha, I think it's abit early atm, Because I remember my friends finding out close to results day last year. Yeah i'm going to email them now to fine out when we find out ect!
Reply 13
Yeah same it's so frustrating waiting haha, I think it's abit early atm, Because I remember my friends finding out close to results day last year. Yeah i'm going to email them now to fine out when we find out ect!

Yup! It is early but I would like to know where I stand as its scary atm! What course will you be doing?
Yup! It is early but I would like to know where I stand as its scary atm! What course will you be doing?

Yeah I get what you mean it is a bit! I'm doing Events Management eek, I took a year out so I got an unconditional :smile: what about yourself?
Hi all, I've received an unconditional offer for Working with Children and Young people FDA. I applied for Accomodation a while back ad I've sent my bond off and all ready been allocated a room in Gwyr Hall, just wandering if anyone else knows if they have been allocated a room yet?
Original post by Johnathen2295
Hi all, I've received an unconditional offer for Working with Children and Young people FDA. I applied for Accomodation a while back ad I've sent my bond off and all ready been allocated a room in Gwyr Hall, just wandering if anyone else knows if they have been allocated a room yet?

Hey, I received an unconventional to and I've just been allocated a room in Dylan Thomas halls!yay. Just have to send off my deposit now :smile:
Reply 17
Hey, I received an unconventional to and I've just been allocated a room in Dylan Thomas halls!yay. Just have to send off my deposit now :smile:

You're both so lucky! How long did you have to wait for a reply?
You're both so lucky! How long did you have to wait for a reply?

I got my offer a month ago but didn't see the email till today *face palm* I'd try emailing them to find out if I were you. Did you get an unconventional offer or a conditional? Think that makes a difference :smile:
Reply 19
I got my offer a month ago but didn't see the email till today *face palm* I'd try emailing them to find out if I were you. Did you get an unconventional offer or a conditional? Think that makes a difference :smile:

I'll wait as I only applied yesterday:') conditional but when I spoke to the accommodation officer he said it doesn't affect it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending