The Student Room Group

Is she interested? What do I do I fear im falling.......

I've known this girl for a while now, and when I first met her I felt an instant 'connection' and deep attraction to her.
She teases me, calls me names, copies my sayings (like I say a word in a funny tone, she's started doing it) looks over at me sometimes when she coming out of her office etc. she has touched me on shoulder, arm, punched me in the back once or twice, we both smile when we see each other. Asks what I'm doing on weekends, says stuff like 'l love going there or I've never been there' walks close to me sometimes. We brush past eachother sometimes, when I'm kneeling down looking at something she kneels down next to me, ours legs touch, she doesn't seem to mind. Plays with her hair a lot when speaking to me, like running it through her fingers, but Im not sure if that's just her. When I'm being daft she looks, smiles, silently giggles and shakes her head. She likes smiling at me and laughing, as do I too her.. I talked about stuff I did at the weekend to someone else and noticed her ears perked up and she raised her head too listen. She also had a massive grin on her face? I feel we have a connection but I'm not sure. Im sure there's a lot more I've missed out on, I'm just wondering whether you think there's anything there? The thing is, she has a bf so I know this girl is off limits, but she never really talks about him in a positive light. I'm just wondering whether I should distance myself, or even tell her how I feel?
Woah she's a bitch. Clearly flirting heavily with you even though she's not single. Do you really want a gf like that?

She clearly likes you and is interested but not enough as she's still with the bf. When they break up, make your move though she's a bitch so perhaps not
Wow, ok. I thought all was good until I read the 'boyfriend' part. All I'm going to say is would you be able to trust her not to look at another man if the two of you were ever in a relationship? And are you really the kind of guy who's cool with stealing another guy's girl?
If she opened up to you and told you she was clearly not happy with the bf then cool, go for it, otherwise do as suggested. Only ask her out if she was single. Be her friend though....

A lot of women sadly do not end it with their man and be single. They are scared of it, so they start a new one before they do pack the bf in to have options and backup. I disagree with that way of working.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by godivaontherocks
Wow, ok. I thought all was good until I read the 'boyfriend' part. All I'm going to say is would you be able to trust her not to look at another man if the two of you were ever in a relationship? And are you really the kind of guy who's cool with stealing another guy's girl?

Well I see your point about trust, but we knew eachother before she started going out with her bf, but at the time things weren't possible to be in a relationship with her.
Im not cool at all with 'stealing' another girls guy, I think at the end of the day it's her choice, I am not prepared to come between them. Really it's none of my business, I just wasn't sure if what I am experiencing is interest from her side or not.
Reply 5
Original post by dancehead

A lot of women sadly do not end it with their man and be single. They are scared of it, so they start a new one before they do pack the bf in to have options and backup. I disagree with that way of working.

I think you're right, sadly.
Original post by Anonymous
Well I see your point about trust, but we knew eachother before she started going out with her bf, but at the time things weren't possible to be in a relationship with her.
Im not cool at all with 'stealing' another girls guy, I think at the end of the day it's her choice, I am not prepared to come between them. Really it's none of my business, I just wasn't sure if what I am experiencing is interest from her side or not.

I think it sounds very much like she is interested. I think for now just be her friend, be there for her. She'll probably respect you more for it too. One day soon she could break up with the guy. You can't be expected to wait around for her. But if it happens, and there's enough chemistry between the two of you as you've implied, I think you'd stand a good chance.
Reply 7
Original post by godivaontherocks
I think it sounds very much like she is interested. I think for now just be her friend, be there for her. She'll probably respect you more for it too. One day soon she could break up with the guy. You can't be expected to wait around for her. But if it happens, and there's enough chemistry between the two of you as you've implied, I think you'd stand a good chance.

Thanks I'd rather have her as a friend over nothing I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending