The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In my opinion; Warwick>King's
KCL is just riding off London rep, everyone outside of London knows its terrible
Original post by Little Toy Gun
Lately there have been a lot of discussions on this forum comparing KCL and Warwick, with one poster claiming that KCL is one league below Warwick, and that the latter is compared to UCL and LSE whilst KCL isn't. Another poster said KCL is better.

What are your views on this?

TSR tends to be heavily biased to Cambridge being better than Oxford and Warwick being better than KCL, Durham, Bristol St Andrews and Edinburgh.
I would rather attend KCL.
Original post by 96jaimin96
TSR tends to be heavily biased to Cambridge being better than Oxford and Warwick being better than KCL, Durham, Bristol St Andrews and Edinburgh.

I was expecting King's College London to respond to this but K.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
KCL is just riding off London rep, everyone outside of London knows its terrible

How many of the London ones are not?
How many of the London ones are not?

The only good London unis that stand out are UCL, Imperial and LSE. Everything else might as well just be called London uni. KCL still stands out from the other London ones but no where near as good as UCL or Imperial or LSE
The only good London unis that stand out are UCL, Imperial and LSE. Everything else might as well just be called London uni. KCL still stands out from the other London ones but no where near as good as UCL or Imperial or LSE

You mean the other 80 of them should just be called 'London uni'?
You mean the other 80 of them should just be called 'London uni'?

Well technically they're all the same university under "The University of London" except Imperial aren't they? Not too sure about that.

But yes in essence
Well technically they're all the same university under "The University of London" except Imperial aren't they? Not too sure about that.

But yes in essence

Of course not.

None of the universities with the name 'university' is a part of University of London: London Met, London South Bank, American International, Westminster, BPP, etc.

Not even all the colleges (not just Imperial) are a part of Uni of London, like Trinity College London.
Of course not.

None of the universities with the name 'university' is a part of University of London: London Met, London South Bank, American International, Westminster, BPP, etc.

Not even all the colleges (not just Imperial) are a part of Uni of London, like Trinity College London.

My bad, in that case I still stick to my original point
My bad, in that case I still stick to my original point

The followings are the constituent colleges of the university:

Birkbeck, University of London (BBK) [entered in 1920]
Courtauld Institute of Art [created and admitted in 1932]
Goldsmiths, University of London (GUL) [entered in 1904]
Heythrop College, University of London (HEY) [entered in 1971]
Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) [entered in 2003]
King's College London (KCL) [founding college]
London Business School (LBS) [created and admitted in 1964]
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) [entered in 1900]
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) [entered in 1924]
Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) [entered in 1915]
Royal Academy of Music (RAM) [entered in 2003]
Royal Central School of Speech and Drama (RCSSD) [entered in 2005]
Royal Holloway, University of London (RHUL) [entered in 1900]
Royal Veterinary College (RVC) [entered in 1915]
St George's, University of London (SGUL) [affiliated in the 19th century]
School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) [created and entered in 1916]
University College London (UCL) [founding college]
Reply 13
Personally KCL > Warwick in terms of prestige. I'm gonna study Law, so that's where I mostly base my opinion on.
Original post by Raymat
In my opinion; Warwick>King's

I'm proud to have graduated from KCL. Great uni. Being in The best city in the UK makes it even more appealing.
Original post by queen-bee
I'm proud to have graduated from KCL. Great uni. Being in The best city in the UK makes it even more appealing.

How about KCL versus UCL?
I don't think Warwick is comparable to UCL or LSE. It's a very young university, lagging behind in all international rankings.
Original post by LadyBugMery
I don't think Warwick is comparable to UCL or LSE. It's a very young university, lagging behind in all international rankings.

How about KCL?
Lately there have been a lot of discussions on this forum comparing KCL and Warwick, with one poster claiming that KCL is one league below Warwick, and that the latter is compared to UCL and LSE whilst KCL isn't. Another poster said KCL is better.

What are your views on this?

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. League tables are only one source of information for prospective students and parents and we encourage students considering King’s to come and visit us and speak to staff and students about what it is really like to study here. League tables use different methodologies and data, which change year on year making comparisons difficult. In international league tables we rank very highly 16th in the world and 5th in the UK according in the QS World University Rankings 2014/15.

Although you may want to take rankings into account it’s important to decide what is best for you, according to your area of interest, whether you’d like to study in or outside of London. Perhaps you could come along to one of our Open Days in the summer to find out more about your area of interest, student life at King’s, career-building opportunities available to you as a King’s student and chat to some of our current students. You can register to attend here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/ug/openday/pre-application.aspx

Hope that helps answer your questions.

Best wishes,

Kerri
How about KCL?

I would say it's in the same group, although LSE and UCL are better than KCL in some specific fields (e.g. economics).

Latest

Trending

Trending