The Student Room Group

Why is TSR so judgmental?

Why are TSR so academically competitive and judgmental? The slander about which type of Uni you go to, the A-Levels you do, whether you do BTEC or not. Why are the members on this forum so narrow minded?

What I hate the most, when I see members here that post up their full academic details of all the grades they get on their profile. Especially all the A*s and As like people are supposed to adore them and regard them highly. Everyone is equal here.

Your thoughts?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Async
Why are TSR so academically competitive and judgmental? The slander about which type of Uni you go to, the A-Levels you do, whether you do BTEC or not. Why are the members on this forum so narrow minded? Jesus Christ.

What I hate the most, when I see members here that post up their full academic details of all the grades they get on their profile. Especially all the A*s and As like people are supposed to adore them and regard them highly.

Your thoughts?

I'm judging you.
Reply 2
Tbh i think a lot of those who put A/A* grades on their profile are lying
Original post by Keke000

Well obviously. Some people want to fit in so bad
because anonymity
to fill up their ego, because no one else will.
Original post by Keke000

No - I have faith that the majority of these people aren't lying as that would be so futile.

A student forum like this just particularly attracts high achievers, and it helps us improve further as we can share our advice and learn from others.

But I appreciate OP's concern that there are some members that are disrespectful when they take part in debates and they just ruin it for everybody.
Reply 7
It was worse two years ago with negative rep still around.
Reply 8
Original post by Anjum - Yasmin
No - I have faith that the majority of these people aren't lying as that would be so futile.

A student forum like this just particularly attracts high achievers, and it helps us improve further as we can share our advice and learn from others.

But I appreciate OP's concern that there are some members that are disrespectful when they take part in debates and they just ruin it for everybody.

Yeah, and then you get those who put their sats grades from year 1. Makes me lol everytime
Reply 9
Original post by Exon
It was worse two years ago with negative rep still around.

LOOOOL. I can just imagine.
(edited 8 years ago)
They'll grow out of it. As for the uni and what course you do, it'll always prevail.
Because it's a forum with students on, we're pretty stupid y'all
This forum has always been like that and always will academics are what most strive for on here.
Because it's fun and we live sad, pathetic lives.
I must say I agree.:smile:

These people have no where else to boast so, they do it on here to make others feel bad.
Reply 15
This is kind of the thought that my thread grew from :tongue:
Reply 16
Because they've got the balls to say it on a computer screen....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Andy98
Because they've got the balls to say it on a computer screen....

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOOL
It's like facebook for people who think that they're more intelligent than they actually are.

I HAVE A COMPUTER AND I TYPE THINGS. I'M BETTER THAN YOU ARE. LOOK AT ME PLEASE.
Reply 19
Original post by iammeyouareyou
It's like facebook for people who think that they're more intelligent than they actually are.

I HAVE A COMPUTER AND I TYPE THINGS. I'M BETTER THAN YOU ARE. LOOK AT ME PLEASE.

Where have you been??

Quick Reply

Latest