The Student Room Group

I rejoined a dating site

I joined POF 6 months ago, in that time I met two decent guys. One of which I ended up blocking and I still talk to the other one. We are at this awkward stage where I don't know where we stand. We've met up a couple times and gone as far as kissing. Right now I'm not too fussed about things going either way and I thought it would be good to date other people.

I've never dated multiple people at once before, so I rejoined POF. I feel bad for making a new profile for some reason mainly because of this guy I'm currently dating. I know he's still on there which I'm okay with, I just kinda feel like if he sees me on there he might give up and think I'm looking elsewhere anywhere (even though he's clearly using his account still). In a way I want to see how he reacts to me being back on there. I'm trying to keep my options open, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

I'm dreading to think of all the creeps there are on there but it's just a case of sieving through and finding the decent ones. Do you think I should keep my profile or get rid? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Original post by Anonymous
I joined POF 6 months ago, in that time I met two decent guys. One of which I ended up blocking and I still talk to the other one. We are at this awkward stage where I don't know where we stand. We've met up a couple times and gone as far as kissing. Right now I'm not too fussed about things going either way and I thought it would be good to date other people.

I've never dated multiple people at once before, so I rejoined POF. I feel bad for making a new profile for some reason mainly because of this guy I'm currently dating. I know he's still on there which I'm okay with, I just kinda feel like if he sees me on there he might give up and think I'm looking elsewhere anywhere (even though he's clearly using his account still). In a way I want to see how he reacts to me being back on there. I'm trying to keep my options open, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

I'm dreading to think of all the creeps there are on there but it's just a case of sieving through and finding the decent ones. Do you think I should keep my profile or get rid? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

I've never dated online, but I'm just wondering why you should feel bad about being on POF, if he's still on it? If he were bothered about you looking elsewhere, or had his own sights set on just you, he would've gotten rid of his profile and asked you to get rid of yours.

So keep yours! It's not like you've agreed to be mutually exclusive anyway :smile:
Keep your profile, and don't worry about his. Sometimes I keep my profile online a little longer as I'm not sure how I feel about that person and I could be passing a great opportunity with someone else.

Also, just keep looking online, I have to go through soooo many strange conversations and weird people, but I have found a few people over the years who are so special and so lovely to me. They are out there, far and few between!
Reply 3
Original post by Frenspan14
I've never dated online, but I'm just wondering why you should feel bad about being on POF, if he's still on it? If he were bothered about you looking elsewhere, or had his own sights set on just you, he would've gotten rid of his profile and asked you to get rid of yours.

So keep yours! It's not like you've agreed to be mutually exclusive anyway :smile:

I'm not really sure to be honest. I guess at the back of my mind I was hoping things would have picked up it's pace by now. That's very true, we are both single and free. Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by SceneKid17
stick with tinder :smile:

Lol I'm not looking for random hook ups.
Reply 5
Original post by stargirl63
Keep your profile, and don't worry about his. Sometimes I keep my profile online a little longer as I'm not sure how I feel about that person and I could be passing a great opportunity with someone else.

Also, just keep looking online, I have to go through soooo many strange conversations and weird people, but I have found a few people over the years who are so special and so lovely to me. They are out there, far and few between!

Sounds like a good idea. I should of done that to begin with, I was just getting bombarded with message from men I wasn't interested in. I vowed I would never join one again, but like yourself I have met some awesome people online. I am friends with people I met online 5-10 years ago, so I definitely do not knock it. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds like a good idea. I should of done that to begin with, I was just getting bombarded with message from men I wasn't interested in. I vowed I would never join one again, but like yourself I have met some awesome people online. I am friends with people I met online 5-10 years ago, so I definitely do not knock it. Thanks!

Stick with it. My last boyfriend, who is the love of my life, I met online when I was just about ready to throw my phone out the window with all the stupid messages I got. If I gave up literally a day before, I would never have met him.
I met my fiancé on pof - just have patience with it and the weirdos, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by stargirl63
Stick with it. My last boyfriend, who is the love of my life, I met online when I was just about ready to throw my phone out the window with all the stupid messages I got. If I gave up literally a day before, I would never have met him.

Aww that's cute, it was meant to be! I will just have to be patient. more fish in sea.. Wish me luck :smile:

Original post by Musie Suzie
I met my fiancé on pof - just have patience with it and the weirdos, I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, thank God there is a block function on there.

Quick Reply