The Student Room Group

Medicine as firm and insurance?

All my medicine offers are AAA so I'm wondering if there's any point in having an insurance...as if I don't meet my firm then obviously I won't meet my insurance. I have an offer for biomed which I can put as my insurance instead.
But I just can't seem to let go of my other two medicine offers (which is stupid) but still. And also just in case by some miracle my medicine insurance decides to accept me.

Thanks in advance
:smile:
I have a King's 5 year offer as a graduate.. The conditions are the same (2:1), but I've put King's as my insurance because I couldn't stand turning it down, even though I can't afford it! :P

Biomed isn't so competitive that you wouldn't be able to get a place through clearing or adjustment, and one of your medicine choices may still be lenient if you only missed your offer by a small amount, so I'd put two medicine choices down.

Congrats on the offers!
Reply 2
Original post by Going_To_California
I have a King's 5 year offer as a graduate.. The conditions are the same (2:1), but I've put King's as my insurance because I couldn't stand turning it down, even though I can't afford it! :P

Biomed isn't so competitive that you wouldn't be able to get a place through clearing or adjustment, and one of your medicine choices may still be lenient if you only missed your offer by a small amount, so I'd put two medicine choices down.

Congrats on the offers!

Great advice! Thank a lot...I'd probably regret it if don't put down two medicine. And I also can't stand the thought of turning it down
And well done on your offers too they're amazing!
Original post by tealover96
All my medicine offers are AAA so I'm wondering if there's any point in having an insurance...as if I don't meet my firm then obviously I won't meet my insurance. I have an offer for biomed which I can put as my insurance instead.
But I just can't seem to let go of my other two medicine offers (which is stupid) but still. And also just in case by some miracle my medicine insurance decides to accept me.

Thanks in advance
:smile:

You might not get into your firm choice but your insurance might be lenient - you never know. It would be extremely unwise to reject your medicine offer for a biomed one which, as already pointed out, you can very easily get through Clearing anyway.
Great advice! Thank a lot...I'd probably regret it if don't put down two medicine. And I also can't stand the thought of turning it down
And well done on your offers too they're amazing!

No problem :smile: Yes, it seems so awful to turn one down! Where are you hoping to got to?
Reply 5
Original post by Democracy
You might not get into your firm choice but your insurance might be lenient - you never know. It would be extremely unwise to reject your medicine offer for a biomed one which, as already pointed out, you can very easily get through Clearing anyway.

Okayy that makes sense thanks :smile:

Original post by Going_To_California
No problem :smile: Yes, it seems so awful to turn one down! Where are you hoping to got to?

St Georges firm and bsms for insurance
Though I love them both pretty much equally I think this is my final decision!
Okayy that makes sense thanks :smile:

St Georges firm and bsms for insurance
Though I love them both pretty much equally I think this is my final decision!

Nice! I think training in London would be really interesting, and the med schools there have so much history. Best of luck with exams etc!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending