The Student Room Group

Gcse foundation maths

Does anybody know what the average pass rate is for foundation maths?
Original post by Adolfhindler

You need to get about 75-80% in order to get C. This is basically getting everything correct in both papers.
Reply 2
I'm doing 3 papers it's the AQA board. I heard the pass rate is from 70-75?

Depends on the paper and your UMS marks
usually about 70% but it depends on how hard the paper is
Last years mark sheme was:
unit 1: 38/54 = 70%
unit 2: 47/66 = 71%
unit 3: 55/80 = 68%

I am doing foundation unit 2 and 3 and it just depends on how hard the paper is
Reply 4
Thankyou! That's what I want to hear ha :smile:

It's dependant on the level of difficulty of the paper. The pass rate differs each year. It is also dependant on the exam board. It's usually about 70% to get a C.
Why don't you do higher..? 30% = C
Reply 7
Well I've been doing the foundation maths and it's nearly exam time.. Pointless now but I would of have to learn the higher stuff at home, my college only teach the foundation because not enough people go for the higher.
Well I've been doing the foundation maths and it's nearly exam time.. Pointless now but I would of have to learn the higher stuff at home, my college only teach the foundation because not enough people go for the higher.

That's pathetic becasue I'm the only one doing higher tier in my college ( I already got C though, to get A/A*)
Reply 9
I know it is quite bad, hopefully I'll get the C and maybe try again for the A in the future sometime.. It would be nice to get that
I know it is quite bad, hopefully I'll get the C and maybe try again for the A in the future sometime.. It would be nice to get that

you could try and mix tiers,
I am doing higher unit 1 and foundation unit 2 and 3 because of this I can get a B overall so if you were to do two higher then you could get an A
I would but I literally haven't learnt anything for the higher, it could turn out catastrophic haha I could end up not even getting a C

Quick Reply

Latest