The Student Room Group

RS philosophy and ethics OCR AS level may 2015

What are people's predicitions for the philosophy and ethics questions for may 2015? (as level)
Reply 1
Do you know what questions came up last year for philosophy?

btw there's an official thread that goes over it.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2808999&page=4&p=54807227&highlight=Ocr%20as%20RS#post54807227
OK so my teacher (and some website that predicted as well) think these are likely...

so my teacher and this guy who clearly has a lot of time on his hands only agreed on q1

1A) Explain Plato's theory of the forms
B) Assess the claim that Plato does not value experience enoughA question about Plato specific to the Cave/forms hasn't been asked since 2013

The guy's predictions (he's pretty good)

2A) Explain how the bible shows God as good
B) Good is only what God calls good. Discuss.

A question on goodness of God hasn't been asked since 2012 where it asked about His attributes and inconsistency in the bible for moral teachings

3A) Explain Aquinas' teleological argument.
B) You cannot rationally accept the argument from design. Discuss

They haven't asked for teleo since 2013 where they asked about mill's challenges and Aquinas' fifth way

4A) Explain how Kant's summum bonum can be used to prove God's existenceB) Assess the claim that Freud’s challenges to the nature of morality successfully undermine the moral argument.

They haven't asked about moral argument since 2013 where they asked about Freud's view on moral awareness and God being a source of it

My teacher's predictions (p.s.- every time she predicts she's right for at least 2 of them)

2A) Explain Anselm's ontological argument
B) Assess Guanilo's challenge to Anselm

My teacher says they haven't had an onto question specific to Anselm for a couple of years (Guanilo hasn't been specifically asked for in a while)

3A) Explain Hume's criticisms of the cosmological argument
B) To what extent is Hume successful in criticising the cosmological argument

Apparently Hume didn't come up much last year and he hasn't been specifically asked for in a part A for a while(Ngl I don't like the sound of that question because it's specific to Hume)

4A) Explain the theodicies of Augustine and Irenaeus
B- There is no solution to the problem of evil and suffering. Discuss.

tbh that's not a bad question

Do you want ethics predictions yet?
(so annoyed my ethics clashes with my chem so I'm in isolation even though it's 3+ hours so I should be getting a longer break like at least lunch... oh well)
And now I realise this thread was for last year's exam OOPS

Quick Reply

Latest