The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

UoB Postgraduates for 2015/16!

So, who's going into graduate school 2015/16?

I'm going to be studying MSc Microbiology and infection (FT)!
Reply 1
I'm doing MA Social Work. Not to sure what to expect. Really want to live out too but don't think I can afford it :frown:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I'll also be doing MA Social Work :smile: I'm here at the moment finishing off my undergrad in Childhood, Culture and Education. Living in Selly Oak as per :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Hooby
I'll also be doing MA Social Work :smile: I'm here at the moment finishing off my undergrad in Childhood, Culture and Education. Living in Selly Oak as per :smile:

Where are you living in Selly Oak? I really like Victoria Halls but they said it's fully booked! Not sure if I can get a place as an postgrad through the uni application! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Poonamk
Where are you living in Selly Oak? I really like Victoria Halls but they said it's fully booked! Not sure if I can get a place as an postgrad through the uni application! :frown:

In a student house with the lads I've shared with since second year :smile: selly oak is mint. There's a couple of studio/studenty flats complex things being built at the mo should be ready for September if you can't get in to Vicky Halls but don't know how expensive it would be.
Reply 5
Original post by Hooby
In a student house with the lads I've shared with since second year :smile: selly oak is mint. There's a couple of studio/studenty flats complex things being built at the mo should be ready for September if you can't get in to Vicky Halls but don't know how expensive it would be.

Yeah they are pretty expensive - been doing some research. Oh well i can always try and see what happens
Reply 6
I have an unconditional offer for computational neuroscience and cognitive robotics. Just considering my other options though this is my favourite.

I've been looking at accommodation recently. University accommodation is not guaranteed but worth applying for anyway I guess. Though there does seem to be a lot of private options available from studios to single en suite rooms.
Reply 7
MSc in physics here. I have been looking into accommodation too but it is proving annoying. Anyone have any ideas on what to do about year long courses? all the accommodation outside of uni owned seems to span july through june
Reply 8
Original post by Ant_7
MSc in physics here. I have been looking into accommodation too but it is proving annoying. Anyone have any ideas on what to do about year long courses? all the accommodation outside of uni owned seems to span july through june

I have found plenty when searching for postgraduate accommodation. They all seem to be either 50 or 51 week contracts. Though wildly varying prices. Need to go on a day of viewings myself at some point.
Hi All!

If you're looking at Private Accommodation take a look at Edge Apartments and Brook Studios, we're really close to the University and are ideal for Postgraduates. Let us know if you would like to come see us for yourselves :smile:

http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/birmingham/brook-studios
http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/birmingham/edge-apartments

Callum B :smile:
Hi everyone!

I'll be studying for an MSc in microbiology and infection full-time starting this September!
Reply 11
Original post by christyriot
Hi everyone!

I'll be studying for an MSc in microbiology and infection full-time starting this September!

Awesome! Are you going to be living within or commuting? What have you been doing before this?
Reply 12
I went to look at some accommodation the other week. I've settled on a studio with Derwent students near the city :smile:
Hi all!
I'll be studying for an MSc in Urban and Regional Planning full time :smile:
Original post by youseufs
Awesome! Are you going to be living within or commuting? What have you been doing before this?

Hey! I'll be commuting from Coventry. I've been working in my local hospital as a healthcare assistant for the past 3 and a half years whilst studying for a degree in biomedical science (graduated November 2014). How about you?!
Reply 15
Original post by christyriot
Hey! I'll be commuting from Coventry. I've been working in my local hospital as a healthcare assistant for the past 3 and a half years whilst studying for a degree in biomedical science (graduated November 2014). How about you?!

Cool, il be commuting from Wolverhampton. I've been working as a science technician in a college for a year since graduating in biomedical science Nov 2014. You looking forward to it? I don't know what im looking forward to most, the course or not working for a year haha.
Original post by youseufs
Cool, il be commuting from Wolverhampton. I've been working as a science technician in a college for a year since graduating in biomedical science Nov 2014. You looking forward to it? I don't know what im looking forward to most, the course or not working for a year haha.

Awesome! I am excited tbh... feels abit surreal though! Haha I know what you mean about work! I'm ecstatic about giving up a full-time job for academia. Bring it on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone, Masters in Byz History. Living in Halls, hopefully!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending