The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Computing June 2014 paper

Here is the June 2014 paper and mark scheme as it's released on OCR's site on 20th August 2015 which is really late!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, do you happen to have the June 2014 ICT in today's world paper for OCR GCSE?
Original post by AGill07
Hi, do you happen to have the June 2014 ICT in today's world paper for OCR GCSE?

Nope sorry, I don't take ICT for GCSE.
Reply 3
Awesome thanks, just like to ask what are you using to revise for computer science ? and how is it going.
The textbook is really confusing so I'm using a theory booklet which is quite good.
Reply 5
If anyone needs help, pm me,I took the exam last year

This book is really good, it was my only source for theory: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Computing-Computer-Systems-Programming/dp/1444193848
Reply 6
Also, a load of people i know also used this website : http://www.teach-ict.com/
Reply 8
Original post by smsgd
If anyone needs help, pm me,I took the exam last year

This book is really good, it was my only source for theory: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-Computing-Computer-Systems-Programming/dp/1444193848

I have that book and its pretty good, :smile: just like to ask what did you get for gcse computing? grade and marks? Thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Synonym
I have that book and its pretty good, :smile: just like to ask what did you get for gcse computing? grade and marks? Thanks

I got an A* overall, cant remember the overall mark/UMS, but for the written paper I dropped 1 or 2 marks (again, can't remember exactly, but definitely no more than that)
Well done, I'm aiming towards an A grade :biggrin:
Original post by smsgd
I got an A* overall, cant remember the overall mark/UMS, but for the written paper I dropped 1 or 2 marks (again, can't remember exactly, but definitely no more than that)

wooow nice :smile: how about coursework ?
Reply 12
Original post by Synonym
wooow nice :smile: how about coursework ?

Got a high A, mucked up the write up part, had to absolutely blast through two tasks in three days, wasted so much time through the year aha
Reply 13
Original post by KoolKid98189
Well done, I'm aiming towards an A grade :biggrin:

Thanks! Good luck in your exam!
Original post by smsgd
Got a high A, mucked up the write up part, had to absolutely blast through two tasks in three days, wasted so much time through the year aha

I guess im nearly in the same position as you xD I now only have 5 days to get one of my coursework's done...
Original post by smsgd

Plus it doesn't matter if you mucked up in your coursework because you still got an A* overall!
Reply 16
Original post by smsgd

Omg i have my last lesson for my computing course work! i really find ocmputing hard how did you pass! i want an A-A* But im so scared that my course work will bring me down because the the tasks are SO HARD!
Iv been wanting the code forever! And im so stuck! from my year 10 one!
:frown:((((((( im afraid my course work will bring me down.
Original post by humzzay
Omg i have my last lesson for my computing course work! i really find ocmputing hard how did you pass! i want an A-A* But im so scared that my course work will bring me down because the the tasks are SO HARD!
Iv been wanting the code forever! And im so stuck! from my year 10 one!
:frown:((((((( im afraid my course work will bring me down.

We’d have it a little easier if people hadn’t cheated on the Javascript task. What coursework tasks were you given instead?

Thanks to OP for this! Really useful!
Reply 18
Original post by iEthan
We’d have it a little easier if people hadn’t cheated on the Javascript task. What coursework tasks were you given instead?

Thanks to OP for this! Really useful!

Yeah! the javascript one right! i havent even completed all the development stages as well as the python one which is extreamly hard!
Honestly kill me now what the heck do I do. IM FREAKING OUT!
Original post by humzzay
Yeah! the javascript one right! i havent even completed all the development stages as well as the python one which is extreamly hard!
Honestly kill me now what the heck do I do. IM FREAKING OUT!

Wait… you’re doing the Javascript one?! (I assumed you were taking OCR, sorry!) Python is annoying, but I wouldn’t say it’s massively difficult. If you’re not OCR, what have you got to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending