The Student Room Group

A level options for Oxbridge? 🙈

If I want to do law at Cambridge is English Literature, History, Politics, Geography and Rs okay as A- levels? I'm worried as I don't have any maths or science subjects. Will it matter as long as I do well in these?
the most respected subjects are seen as :

history
geography
english lit
maths
sciences

therefore you have three of the most desired subjects when most top unis ask for two of these 'facilitating' subjects. Rs and politics are also seen as good options so they should be fine!

I'm in year 12 now doing History Rs English Lit and Psychology hoping to apply for Law at Durham :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ellawhite4686

history
geography
english lit
maths
sciences

therefore you have three of the most desired subjects when most top unis ask for two of these 'facilitating' subjects. Rs and politics are also seen as good options so they should be fine!

I'm in year 12 now doing History Rs English Lit and Psychology hoping to apply for Law at Durham :smile:

Okay thank you!!! Good luck!!

history
geography
english lit
maths
sciences

I would put RS / Philosophy and Ethics above Geography in terms of respect
Original post by anonwinner
I would put RS / Philosophy and Ethics above Geography in terms of respect

I believe it should be a respected subject however unfortunately it is rated lower than geography according to the top unis- not that I necessarily agree with this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
x

What's your source? That list seems pretty suspect to me, along with what you say about Geography being rated higher than RS/Philosophy.

Original post by Gk1616
If I want to do law at Cambridge is English Literature, History, Politics, Geography and Rs okay as A- levels? I'm worried as I don't have any maths or science subjects. Will it matter as long as I do well in these?

Do you have any particular reason for wanting to do five subjects? Unless you're doing Further Maths, I'd recommend sticking to four AS-levels and 3-4 A-levels, as for Cambridge it's better to have very strong A's in four subjects than average A's in five.

Take a look here for guidance on A-level choices: http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/acceptable-level-subject-combinations
(edited 9 years ago)

history
geography
english lit
maths
sciences

Languages are very respected too.
Original post by ¡Muy bien!
Languages are very respected too.

yes sorry I forgot to put them! languages are certainly up there at the top!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Pretty sure RS is seens as a facilitating subject. That trinity list isn't ranked - lol there is no way art history is the most "respected" humanities a level (soz 2 any budding art historians out there)

Quick Reply

Latest