The Student Room Group

What was your first car

Once you passed your test what was the first car you got? Whether it was with your own money or if it was your parents, what was it?

Scroll to see replies

First car : I shared it with my then girlfriend. Our own money from saving up. It was an old Volvo 164 from 1978.

The first car I bought on my own : 83 Austin Metro, also bought using my own savings
Reply 2
2000 reg Ford Focus, bought it in November 2013, still have it now. used my own savings for it.
Reply 3
57 reg black Fiat Grande Punto. Parents bought it for me just over a year ago
Bought a 2000 Corsa with my own money. Hated it, sold it within a week of buying it, bought a Peugeot 206 and drove it until it was no longer road worthy.
I got this bad boy.

A 1994 Peugeot 106 diesel. It was slow, had no paint on the roof and front wing, and was microscopic; but it did the job nicely. Also I paid £600, with my own money for it at the time, so it was all I could really afford with insurance involved. I took good care of it and it was my pride and joy. Although I fell in love with it over time, it was French; and it began to die at around 15 years old. So I did what any self-respecting person does. I sold it to my mate just before it bit the bullet and died. :biggrin:

...just as well because he left the handbrake off and it rolled into a tree anyway.
Original post by fajitamunch
I got this bad boy.

Ahh we all that this one!
Reply 8
2000 Honda Civic 1.5, bought November 2013 when I was 21. Hoping to sell next month.
Reply 9
53 plate 1 litre Vauxhall Coraa. Biggest piece of ****e ever.

2 years later bought a VW Golf and never looked back!
Original post by SaraSHFB
Once you passed your test what was the first car you got? Whether it was with your own money or if it was your parents, what was it?

A fiat punto
My very first car was an 2001 Astra MK4 1.6 Petrol, I paid £950 from getting an overdraft with £2500 annual premium for insurance (I was 19 years old). All my own money, no longer lived with parents.
Crashed it (at very slow speed) 1 month later, cambelt gave me trouble sold it, 2 months after buying it.

The car I count as my first was a 2003 Focus 1.9 Diesel - Thing was a tank and taught me a lot about cars, had it for a year.

Then I came across a nice bonus at work and bought my 1st BMW @ aged 20 (320d M Sport), and have owned a further 3 more BMWs since :biggrin:
Kia Picanto. I got it before passing any driving tests. I still haven't passed yet and we ended up getting a new car which sucks because I felt confident driving the Kia and practiced a lot but I can't take to the new car. Will maybe buy another Kia when I do pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a Vauxhall Corsa 03 plate. Did well but it was dodgy as the owner took the engine management bulb out to hide the idle control valve issue that was making my car stall constantly and sometimes prevents it fron starting. Scrapped it after a year and got a KA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

A w reg fiat punto
I paid for everything myself.
55 reg Corsa last March with my own money - loved it to bits but it unfortunately died (camshaft, valves, the lot) and cost more than the car was worth to repair so scrapped it and now have a 56 reg 206, again, with my own money

rover 414 supersports badass edition
1999 Peugeot 206. Was fine until the breaks fell off.
A P-reg Peugeot 106. Cost me £300, and four times that in insurance. It served me well until last year, when I got in and the wheel unexpectedly fell off.
Reply 19
2009 Vauxhall Corsa D 1.3, its crap, too slow for country roads and sluggish as hell, looking to get something a little sportier soon but insurance is bitch

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending