The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology or English Literature?

My other 3 a level choices are Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I'd want to focus on these 3 so do not want a majorly heavy 4th option but I don't know which to choose?
I enjoy English lit at GCSE but I do struggle with revising for the exams and I'm not sure if the work load is a lot? I am currently working at an A/A* in English.
I've never done Psychology before and the course looks so interesting! I'd love to do it but is it considered 'soft'?
I want to do a degree in orthoptics so neither are required.
Psychology, it's dead easy and actually respected for some reason. Plus it's 'science based' and so will slot in with your subjects better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually, I would choose Literature. Psychology is classified as a soft subject (meaning it's not as respected much) and believe it or not, many people do poorly in it because there is a lot of content you need to cram in, which I've heard is usually boring.
Choosing Literature allows you have an essay-based subject which your choices are currently lacking in and unlike Psychology, Literature is a facilitating subject, being more respected. Having your subjects all Science-based may be a little boring, so it's best to show diversity.
If you want something more intresting and fun...then Psychology as its really intresting to learn. I do Psychology and English Lit along with 2 sciences. I prefer psychology a lot more than English.

Quick Reply

Latest