The Student Room Group

What do you think about asexuality?

Do you think it really exists? Why or why not?
Ofc it exists
Reply 2
Of course asexuality exists.

As to why, there's no other reason to give other than the fact that asexual people literally exist. It's just as valid as every other orientation, but there is barely any visibility for asexual people because sex is just seen as the "done thing".
Original post by TheTechN1304
Do you think it really exists? Why or why not?

Yes.

Why? I'm asexual.
Reply 4
Original post by SHallowvale
Yes.

Why? I'm asexual.

So nothing sexual interest you?
Original post by kka25
So nothing sexual interest you?

Some things interest me, I just simply do not care enough about sex to then act upon that interest. Hence I have no sexual attraction.

Remember that asexuality is defined as: ''the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, or low or absent interest in sexual activity''.

In some cases I find sex quite repulsive. I'm more into romantic intimacy than sex.
Of course it exists, the question is what causes it. My guess is that it may be down to low levels of certain hormones causing a low sex drive, perhaps testosterone in men.
Original post by theantiparticle
Of course it exists, the question is what causes it. My guess is that it may be down to low levels of certain hormones causing a low sex drive, perhaps testosterone in men.

Many asexuals distinguish between having a sex drive and having a sexual attraction.
Reply 8
Original post by theantiparticle

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Many asexuals do have a sex drive, some have a very high one in fact. However, that doesn't mean they have a wish to act on it, and in the event that they do, it's just fulfilling a need rather than actually having any sexual attraction or desire for the act itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending