The Student Room Group

Does my fourth as level choice matter?

Just wondering if the actual subject I take at as level but drop at a level matters. All the university courses I've looked at suggest I need three specific a levels at certain grades, and a fourth as level as a pass.
if I want to do physics at uni, and my fourth choice is for example food tech, does that matter as long as I get a pass and the grades in my other three subjects?
Reply 1
Original post by jacobgunn
Just wondering if the actual subject I take at as level but drop at a level matters. All the university courses I've looked at suggest I need three specific a levels at certain grades, and a fourth as level as a pass.
if I want to do physics at uni, and my fourth choice is for example food tech, does that matter as long as I get a pass and the grades in my other three subjects?

I don't think it matters too much. I think if you did one related it might help, but it will probably not be the main factor in your application. In addition, you might go into next year (or if you are already doing these subjects?) and really decide you dislike physics (I did to an extent). If you have another subject like food tech then it opens more possibilities should that happen (for example, I was hoping to have Biology as my spare AS and drop it after the first year, but following this year I am hoping to go on to do Biochemistry - so it was probably a good idea).

Quick Reply

Latest