The Student Room Group

Arrgh - Can't Bring Myself to Read!

Basically, in simple terms, I'm doing my AS's this year, five of them... I've finished all of my notes for them; they're excellent notes and I have been through the syllabus and multiple books to make sure I've hit the required knowledge for the exam.

Although... I can't bring myself to read these goddamn notes! I'm so bored, I've literally just revised, revised, revised this whole year, and feel like i want to take my tests now... get them over with and have the summer holiday - I literally just procrastinate all day, saying i'll do them later...

Are there any tips that anyone can give me, to just crack on and read these notes!

Thanks,
Reety.
Reply 1
It's just a slump. I had the EXACT same thing when I did my A levels but luckily mine hit in the last week of my exams at which point I felt there was absolutely nothing else I could do revision wise.

In fact I tell a lie, a had a mini slump half way through my exams. What worked for me was taking a few days away from revision and just doing something else such as exercise, reading novels, playing guitar, watching TV etc.

Eventually I felt so guilty for not revising that I actually revised more until I reached the final near-the-end-of-exams-slump, which you'll also undoubtedly reach :-)

You're quite fortunate in that you've got a few months until your exams start presumably. If I were you I'd take a few days off or a week (maximum) and clear your mind. You'll feel rejuvenated believe me.
Reply 2
Original post by NessEB
It's just a slump. I had the EXACT same thing when I did my A levels but luckily mine hit in the last week of my exams at which point I felt there was absolutely nothing else I could do revision wise.

In fact I tell a lie, a had a mini slump half way through my exams. What worked for me was taking a few days away from revision and just doing something else such as exercise, reading novels, playing guitar, watching TV etc.

Eventually I felt so guilty for not revising that I actually revised more until I reached the final near-the-end-of-exams-slump, which you'll also undoubtedly reach :-)

You're quite fortunate in that you've got a few months until your exams start presumably. If I were you I'd take a few days off or a week (maximum) and clear your mind. You'll feel rejuvenated believe me.

Thank you so much for the great reply! I have been having a break here and there, I'm trying to do at least a minimum of 1-3 hours a day, whereas before I was doing at least over 5+ hours... The big problem is, i feel really guilty when i have long breaks so that doesn't help either. And my first exam is in approximately 29 days. So not that long I'm afraid. And the problem is i need at least 5A's. Need some motivation ha. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending