The Student Room Group

A Level Changes 2015

Hi all,

Can somebody please explain to me what will AS and A2 levels be like as of September 2015? Oh and will AS levels still be looked upon by universities? I heard they'll be stand alone qualifications if you drop them after AS.

Basically you're all ****ed.

Jks, pray that the next government (if indeed Conservatives aren't voted in again) scrap these new 'a-levels'.

Basically you will sit all your exams at the end of year 13. So the first year everyone will chill out. The second year... You'll develop severe stress and have a sudden death.

Hope that helps :h:
Reply 2
I still can't believe that, that's crazy. I thank God my year isn't doing that

Posted from TSR Mobile
urm yeah, so Nicky Morgan is once again the education secretary :frown: and they are going ahead with the a level changes
Original post by samiln
urm yeah, so Nicky Morgan is once again the education secretary :frown: and they are going ahead with the a level changes

Be grateful imo, our school does it this way except in a modular system, not a linear one. Meaning that we take AS levels and A2's all at the end of 2 years. I have 22 exams starting tomorrow T_T
Original post by Jai Sandhu
Be grateful imo, our school does it this way except in a modular system, not a linear one. Meaning that we take AS levels and A2's all at the end of 2 years. I have 22 exams starting tomorrow T_T

grateful? I'm considering sacrificing taking some subjects because of the proposed a level changes, I can't regurgitate information after 2 years, an be expected to get the same result I did the year before.
Reply 6
Just do all BTECS. It's already difficult enough doing exams at the end of each year let alone after 2 years. Is so glad I'm in year 13 this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r-t
Just do all BTECS. It's already difficult enough doing exams at the end of each year let alone after 2 years. Is so glad I'm in year 13 this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In a way, my year is actually lucky because only half of the a levels are changing like english and sciences and history, but geography, mfl, and maths is staying the same but I honestly don't even know anymore :K:
It means I get to laugh at all the younglings who don't realise their impending doom.
Are they seriously doing this for A-level?

A-level is a whole new ballpark compared to GCSE. That's ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Latest