The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As far as I know, some places (e.g. cardiff and nottingham i think) might ask you something simple such as drawing a peptide link but nothing too complicated usually.
Reply 2
wicked that'll be good, I have an organic chem paper in January, my revision will make good preparation for Notts. lol.
Reply 3
wicked!!!
Reply 4
I didnt get asked anything like that at my interviews. LJM had a simple exam type paper but very easy - a few calculations etc. Manchester asked me to name 6 drugs and say what they were for... nowhere else really bothered.
My interview at nottingham was entirely organic chemistry based...so be warned!! :P
Reply 6
:love: organic chemistry :love:
Reply 7
all of my nottingham was oragnic chemistry aswell.

asked to draw the reaction involving a drug and the body and the mechanisms involved.
then asked to draw amino acids and ketones
then asked to choose from a number of drawings which ones had chiral carbons
then asked to talk about enantiomers and other things about optical isomers.
then asked about insulin, the bodies receptors and the signifance of enantiomers with regards to the bodies receptors
then about chemotherapy drugs

indeed, be WARNED i was very underprepared. overwhelmed and extremely annoyed. How the bloody hell is one meant to know about all of those.

i think i was extremely unlucky, my interviewer was from the mdeicinal chemistry school and not pharmacy and he explained he doesnt normally give interviews, me and this ther girl who had him had the longest interviews compared to other people- 30mins.

He has white hair and a beard. STAY CLEAR!
Reply 8
Others seem ok, but: 'asked to draw the reaction involving a drug and the body and the mechanisms involved.'is far too vague. How are you supposed to know that?? hmmm...I would do salicylic acid...unsure about the mechanism of action for it though....
Reply 9
aw king britt your interviewer doesn't sound too nice ;console;

Latest

Trending

Trending