The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Are there any black people at Keele university

I'm black and I'm just wondering if there is any black people at keele uni and is stoke on trent racist?

Look I'm not racist or have anything against other race but its just a question lol.
One more question Bath Spa or Keele uni?!
Original post by DanKasali
I'm black and I'm just wondering if there is any black people at keele uni and is stoke on trent racist?

Look I'm not racist or have anything against other race but its just a question lol.

I know nothing of the area but can assure you there will be at least one black person aswell as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Hi Dan,

Between 15 and 20% of our students are International and Keele Students Union has over 20 groups dedicated to Religion, Belief and Culture. Full list here: http://keelesu.com/activities/clubs-societies/

The most recent statistics we have on student population are​ from the academic year 2012/13:

9,840 (total students)
7,460 (undergraduates)
2,380 (postgraduates)
3,159 (30.9% of total University population are BME)
200 (unsure of whether white, BME or Other)
1,272 (International BME)
1,887 (UK BME)

I hope this helps show that Keele is a mixed, welcoming, inclusive campus community, with over 100 different nationalities choosing to study with us.

And to answer your second question:
Bath Spa or Keele uni?!

Keele every time!! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Alistair
(Marketing and Communications)

There are students from all over the world on my course, of all different backgrounds and ethnicities. There is absolutely zero tension between people though, especially concerning race. Keele University has a very friendly environment, and it doesn't take long for you to feel part of the community.

As as for your second question, I would definitely say Keele! I've never really been happy in any of my schools or colleges, but I'm glad that I can finally say that I am 100% proud to be a student at Keele University. Everyone is really down to Earth and welcoming, and for me that was the big selling point. I hope this helps! :smile:

EmeraldFox
Reply 4
I went to Keele and there was a lovely mix of ALL people, so the answer to your question is, yes, there are.
Over here! i go to keele and yeah there are. there is even an african and south african society. My personal opinion is that its really friendly and nice and a very pretty campus. But i do get bored easily being in here. Im sure when you get here you will soon know what a keele bubble means.

As for your second question, i dont know. havent been to Bath so cant say. Keele is not bad though.

Oh, im black by the way :smile:

There are a lot of black people here.

I recommend Bath(this place sucks)
i'll be there :biggrin: just looking for a black hair shop LOL
If you want a uni with loads of black people go to Hertfordshire or Northampton
Keele's got a black population but its nowhere near the top in terms of size lol

Quick Reply

Latest