The Student Room Group

University Leniency

How lenient are UK universities towards international students if they happen to miss out on their offer? Legit scared that I might not make Warwick's offer :frown:

Aahh and so jealous of all my friends who have received unconditional offers for Canadian/American unis and are not even taking the upcoming IB exams seriously

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milkberries
How lenient are UK universities towards international students if they happen to miss out on their offer? Legit scared that I might not make Warwick's offer :frown:

Aahh and so jealous of all my friends who have received unconditional offers for Canadian/American unis and are not even taking the upcoming IB exams seriously

Posted from TSR Mobile

Warwick aren't known to be soft. OTOH they might like your international fees...!
Original post by milkberries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leniency usually depends on how well everyone else who firmed/insured your course did. If lots of applicants miss their offers, and so the uni are facing having lots of empty spaces, they are far more likely to be lenient than if the course is already really full with people who've achieved their grades (and therefore they have to expect).

Due to this, it's hard to predict exactly how lenient a uni will be. Warwick is pretty competitive though for a lot of subjects, so they probably won't need to be very lenient on results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending