The Student Room Group

Anti-feminist women.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KittyAnneR
Have you seen the 'Britain First' posts on FB? People share that **** mindlessly. Does my nut in!

I check out Britain First on facebook sometimes if I'm bored and want to laugh my ass off for about 5 minutes.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
I check out Britain First on facebook sometimes if I'm bored and want to laugh my ass off for about 5 minutes.

Hahaha it's actually incredible.
The proper place for a woman is a kitchen.
Reply 43
If you go on Tumblr for an hour, you'll see why.
Original post by perflous
Because the term 'feminism' alludes to the traditional inequality between men and women, and the fact that women have previously been treated as being inferior. The term 'egalitarianism' does not highlight the actual gender divide in the same way. While women and men's rights should both be championed, it's important to recognise the way in which women have been (and in some cases still are) treated as being of secondary value to men.

It's more important in this context to realise that this situation no longer exists and, if anything, the opposite is true.

Whenever I come across a woman who actively doesn't identify as a feminist, I immediately find her more interesting and anticipate that she is more intelligent and more informed than the average woman.
Original post by noobynoo
If you look at tribes in the rain forest. It is the women who run the home and the men who do all the dangerous things like hunting, gathering and fighting other tribes.

I would much rather be out fighting and hunting and gathering in the rainforest than cooking and cleaning.

So do women have it that bad?

Are you saying that you would rather do the cleaning?

Why evolutionary speaking, do men do the dangerous jobs? Because if most of the men get killed the remaining men could still fertilise all the women. But the same is not true if most of the women get killed. This is why at times of war the surviving men should have multiple wives.

Feminism says that women should be able to do everything that men do. But if they did we'd all die out. That is why we need to protect the women. So maybe we shouldn't let them join the army or be firefighters?

'Evolutionary speaking' hospitals are a s*** idea - They go completely against survival of the fittest. Following your logic we should shut all hospitals and enforce quarantine areas instead... (But I think everyone would agree that's a pretty rubbish idea).
If you look at tribes in the rain forest. It is the women who run the home and the men who do all the dangerous things like hunting, gathering and fighting other tribes.

Similarly for the vikings, the women stayed at home while the men went on dangerous voyages. Sometimes the women took on other lovers while their menfolk were away.

So do women have it that bad?

Why evolutionary speaking, do men do the dangerous jobs? Because if most of the men get killed the remaining men could still fertilise all the women. But the same is not true if most of the women get killed. This is why at times of war the surviving men should have multiple wives.

Feminism says that women should be able to do everything that men do. But if they did we'd all die out. That is why we need to protect the women. So maybe we shouldn't let them join the army or be firefighters?

It all makes sense when you think about it.

That only makes sense in a society where there is a significant risk of it becoming extinct due to a very low birth rate. In today's western world, we have pretty much no risk of becoming extinct due to lack of fertile females (quite the opposite actually). Before, women were more valuable then men so they were protected whereas the average man was seen as expendable. Nowadays we have such a large population, that your average female is just as expendable (socially speaking) as your average male. There's no reason to protect women over men anymore. Women aren't children, they don't need to be sheltered.
Original post by Zodiac Wheel
The proper place for a woman is a kitchen.

Why? :smile:
I personally don't mind if someone calls me a feminist, I will always defend feminist values if someone either doesn't understand it or acts really anti feminist.

I have a few theories on women who really oppose feminists:

They worry they'll lose male interest

The think it is an anti men movement rather than an equality movement

They feel more at war with other women than with them on anything

They feel like feminism is anti femininity (which it definitely isn't)

They think feminism is lesbianism and they're all "omg why are you obsessed with me gerrof my back bye"
Original post by Birkenhead
It's more important in this context to realise that this situation no longer exists and, if anything, the opposite is true.

Whenever I come across a woman who actively doesn't identify as a feminist, I immediately find her more interesting and anticipate that she is more intelligent and more informed than the average woman.

What?

It does in many countries around the world, especially developing ones. Gender inequality exists not only in law, but often in social/cultural values, as I said in my other post.
Reply 51
Original post by ChickenMadness
why though

U dumb m8?
Original post by Lissy14
Why? :smile:

To cook some lobster thermidor and stuff. :yum:
Original post by Ndella
If you go on Tumblr for an hour, you'll see why.

Can you elaborate?
I am for equality and all that but I refuse to call myself a feminist, I just think I'm a reasonable person. The problem I have with feminists is how they highlight problems taking place in other countries (which are actually really serious), only to support their petty campaigns in western countries. Women in western countries are equal to men and have as many opportunities. The way things are going, we're just being put on pedestal.

I honestly don't understand the need for an equal amount of men and women in top jobs and also as goverment officals. I would hate to be chosen for a job just because I was female and not because I was actually a good candidate, just for the sake of "equality".

These are a few reasons why I am not a feminist. The whole movement was far more honourable in the past.
Now, it's laughable in the western world.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KittyAnneR
What?

Would you like me to repeat the post?
Original post by RobML
If I hear one more person say "BUT if it isn't about female superiority then WHY isn't it called egalitarianism/equalism instead?!!" I will seriously castrate myself

I want to hold you to your word...

If it isn't about female superiority, then WHY isn't it called egalitarianism/equalism instead?!!

prepare the knife?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
I am for equality and all that but I refuse to call myself a feminist, I just think I'm a reasonable person. The problem I have with feminists is how they highlight problems taking place in other countries which are actually really serious only to support their petty campaigns in western countries. Women in western countries are equal to men and have as many opportunities. The way things are going, we're just being put on pedestal.

I honestly don't understand the need for an equal amount of men and women in top jobs and also as goverment officals. I would hate to be chosen for a job just because I was female and not because I was actually a good candidate, just for the sake of "equality".

These are a few reasons why I am not a feminist. The whole movement was far more honourable in the past.
Now, it's laughable in the western world.

So you think that speaking about opression of women in other countries is a bad thing?
Original post by Lissy14
I would much rather be out fighting and hunting and gathering in the rainforest than cooking and cleaning.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what you'd rather do. As harsh as it sounds, it's about what you're biologically suited to do. Even if you specifically are fairly well suited to do the fighting/hunting/gathering, women in general just aren't when compared to men. Swapping the roles, in the wild, would just lower the odds of survival for the whole population.

That said, it's irrelevant nowadays because we don't live in that sort of environment anymore. We've moved passed the stage where we need those sorts of roles in society and if someone is capable of doing a job, they should be able to do it, regardless of gender.
Would you like me to repeat the post?

Nope. I just want you to explain why a woman who says she isn't a feminist is automatically more intelligent.

Quick Reply

Latest