The Student Room Group

Anti-feminist women.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KittyAnneR
Nope. I just want you to explain why a woman who says she isn't a feminist is automatically more intelligent.

I didn't say such a woman is, but I am inclined to believe she probably will be more intelligent than the average woman. Feminism today is a way for women to feel they've done their bit simply by identifying with it and occasionally retweeting feminist tweets on Twitter, posting posts on Facebook, or starting threads on TSR. The vast majority of women who identify as feminists have little to no understanding of the history of the movement, of the contexts of the statistics being thrown about, of anything more than superficial platitudes and vague notions of equality and social justice. It's fashionable and trendy, and proverbial wisdom is right on the money here in stating that the whole problem with the world is that the fools say too much and the wise too little. A woman that actively opposes this strong current must be doing so for a reason, and the most probable reason is that she has objections to the movement's intentions, methods and/or results, which not only takes great intellectual courage (because these women are so often shamed by feminist women on social media and the like) but it also implies a greater depth of understanding than is likely to be found in the average feminist woman. For those reasons I am inclined to believe women who actively disassociate themselves from the label are likely to be more intelligent, on average, than those who associate with it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ebony19
Wondering whether to take bait or not...

So what you're saying is a woman who supports a movement that encourages equality between men and women is inferior to you? She's less intelligent?

I have no idea how you could possibly infer anything like this from my post. Not at all what I said.

This all says a lot more about your inferiority complex than feminism.

I don't have an inferiority complex. Your first post to me in this thread and in characteristic style you are already resorting to unprovoked personal insults.
Feminism is bull**** and you don't care about mens problems.
That's probably due to the fact that it is the first world they live in. People generally feel passionately about things that affect them in their own lives. Those things are ****ty and insignificant in the great big picture that makes up this planet, but when they affect you ​directly they are worth fighting against.

I agree with you on this. Maybe I'm harsher on them because I personally never felt I was treated differently because I'm a girl.
Original post by Birkenhead
Whenever I come across a woman who actively DOESN'T identify as a feminist, I immediately find her more interesting and anticipate that she is more intelligent and more informed than the average woman.
So if that wasn't what you were saying here, what were you saying?
Reply 85
I drink from the fountain of feminist tears.
I didn't say such a woman is, but I am inclined to believe she probably will be more intelligent than the average woman. Feminism today is a way for women to feel they've done their bit simply by identifying with it and occasionally retweeting feminist tweets on Twitter, posting posts on Facebook, or starting threads on TSR. The vast majority of women who identify as feminists have little to no understanding of the history of the movement, of the contexts of the statistics being thrown about, of anything more than superficial platitudes and vague notions of equality and social justice. It's fashionable and trendy, and proverbial wisdom is right on the money here in stating that the whole problem with the world is that the fools say too much and the wise too little. A woman that actively opposes this strong current must be doing so for a reason, and the most probable reason is that she has objections to the movement's intentions, methods and/or results, which not only takes great intellectual courage (because these women are so often shamed by feminist women on social media and the like) but it also implies a greater depth of understanding than is likely to be found in the average feminist woman. For those reasons I am inclined to believe women who actively disassociate themselves from the label are likely to be more intelligent, on average, than those who associate with it.

For one, I enjoyed the little dig about starting threads on TSR, I will now point out that my undergraduate dissertation was a 20,000 word essay on a feminist subject so I assure you I have a genuine interest in the movement(s). I don't pretend to know a lot about it but I try to learn as much as I can, which is the reason I started this thread. Secondly, thank you for your input, I like your thinking and your sentiments make a lot of sense. I agree with you to a certain extent that people who challenge ideas that are widely voiced are usually more intelligent and can obviously think for themselves.
Original post by Ebony19
So if that wasn't what you were saying here, what were you saying?

Exactly what I seemed to be saying.

Here's what I said:

Whenever I come across a woman who actively doesn't identify as a feminist, I immediately find her more interesting and anticipate that she is more intelligent and more informed than the average woman.

Here's what you said I said:

So what you're saying is a woman who supports a movement that encourages equality between men and women is inferior to you? She's less intelligent?

The error is so enormous that I am at a loss as to how you could possibly have made it without doing so knowingly.
For one, I enjoyed the little dig about starting threads on TSR, I will now point out that my undergraduate dissertation was a 20,000 word essay on a feminist subject so I assure you I have a genuine interest in the movement(s).

I fail to see how this is possible having read your 'About Me' on your profile, which states:

I have already got a degree in graphic design and currently applying for entry into mental health nursing for September

Academic Info

Degree in graphic design from NTU, BTEC in art and design, A levels in graphic design, psychology and English language and AS levels in fine art and textiles.
Original post by bittr n swt
Feminism is bull**** and you don't care about mens problems.

Excuse me, do you know me?
Whenever I come across a woman who actively doesn't identify as a feminist, I immediately find her more interesting and anticipate that she is more intelligent and more informed than the average woman.
NOPE this is definitely the quote.

Don't edit now darling.

Same old tactics from you I see Burkhead, either you're trying to catch me out to prove your snidey little point here or you're just up to you're usual GASLIGHTING technique.
Original post by bittr n swt
Feminism is bull****

Why? :smile:
Original post by Ebony19
NOPE this is definitely the quote.

Don't edit now darling.

Same old tactics from you I see Burkhead, either you're trying to catch me out to prove your snidey little point here or you're just up to you're usual GASLIGHTING technique.

What on earth are you talking about? I'm not editing anything, the quote in the post I am now responding to is the original and nowhere does it say anything about me considering feminists inferior to me. What it says is that I find non-feminist women more interesting and anticipate that they will be more intelligent than feminist women for the reasons I have given in another post above. For posterity, the post again:

I fail to see how this is possible having read your 'About Me' on your profile, which states:

My dissertation title was 'The Madonna and the Whore: Contrasting Portrayals of Women in Western Advertising Through the Years'.
I am inclined to believe women who actively disassociate themselves from the label are likely to be more intelligent, on average, than those who associate with it.

I find this surprising given the high incidence of 'anti-feminist' women among the less educated, and the inverse among women who are highly educated.

Or they may just be a simple minded reactionaries.

Ignorance and simple mindedness exists on all sides of politics.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ebony19
Clear as the light of day. I mean you're obviously not seeing why this is deplorable and completely ridiculous tbh.

No, I'm not, because there's nothing 'deplorable' or 'completely ridiculous' in anything I've said. You're frustrated because you made a massive misjudgement and now that your posts are immortalised in my replies there's no going back so you have to keep peddling your indefensible position without making any elaboration whatsoever.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Or they may just be a simple minded reactionary.

Ignorance and simple mindedness exists on all sides of politics.

Indeed, but that doesn't mean it is always split 50:50, and for the reasons I have already given I believe in this case most of the simple mindedness does not exist on the side of the active non-feminists.
I concur with Birkenhead. Only inasmuch that generally anyone whom imbues themselves with political haecceity is bilious and usually not very "intellectual" - seeing as most feminists effuse their political-idealogy as the sum of their haecceity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
The fact that people care so much about the semantics of the name is a joke. Just treat everyone else as you wish to be treated yourself, with respect, regardless of their gender. If a guy believes women are not physically or mentally strong then no offence but they're a tool not even worth entertaining. Such idiotic comments say more about the person holding them than the person they're aimed at.

Quick Reply

Latest