The Student Room Group

Crush rejects me - Advice!

Basically, about a week ago, I finally bucked up the courage to ask my crush. I have had a major crush on this girl for a whole year: she was perfect in mind (sounds pathetic, i know). Basically, after a 2 months of talking to her on FB, i finally asked her out (i am a shy person irl, i never bucked up the courage to talk to her face to face... Hence, the rejection) - I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to girls really... I never have and never will. Anyway, lets get to the main point. I made this thread to get advice. Since the ordeal, i have been upset about it and beating myself up over it. Can someone give me some advice on how to deal with my emotions please?

Scroll to see replies

I flirted with loads of women and got loads of noods. I felt like a pimp which increased my confidence and I got over the original girl easily after that.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, about a week ago, I finally bucked up the courage to ask my crush. I have had a major crush on this girl for a whole year: she was perfect in mind (sounds pathetic, i know). Basically, after a 2 months of talking to her on FB, i finally asked her out (i am a shy person irl, i never bucked up the courage to talk to her face to face... Hence, the rejection) - I don't have a lot of confidence when it comes to girls really... I never have and never will. Anyway, lets get to the main point. I made this thread to get advice. Since the ordeal, i have been upset about it and beating myself up over it. Can someone give me some advice on how to deal with my emotions please?

Distract yourself from thinking about her by doing something you like e.g. sports or video games. I'd say to try and not communicate too much with her: it would make it easier to forget about her.
Reply 3
Original post by kkboyk
Distract yourself from thinking about her by doing something you like e.g. sports or video games. I'd say to try and not communicate too much with her: it would make it easier to forget about her.

Communication has totally stopped since she rejected me.
Reply 4
I flirted with loads of women and got loads of noods. I felt like a pimp which increased my confidence and I got over the original girl easily after that.

Cool story bro

Spoiler

Communication has totally stopped since she rejected me.

Would definitely agree with kkboyk in terms of using distractions. This is slightly different, but I was really sad today, and I noticed how much of an effect it had when I stopped dwelling on my thoughts and just looked at some funny video on youtube. You'd be surprised.
move on

Hi there OP, the same thing happened to me last week. I, too, after liking my crush for about two years, finally took the courage to confess...and I was rejected (though I am more towards wanting to let my crush know about how I feel rather than anticipating an outcome if you get what I mean). :frown: You can pm me if you need someone to talk to, though I don't know if I could be of any help. Cheer up!
Reply 8
Original post by 2504003889
Hi there OP, the same thing happened to me last week. I, too, after liking my crush for about two years, finally took the courage to confess...and I was rejected (though I am more towards wanting to let my crush know about how I feel rather than anticipating an outcome if you get what I mean). :frown: You can pm me if you need someone to talk to, though I don't know if I could be of any help. Cheer up!

I always hope that she will change her mind and actually message me back ;/. I doubt that though... I have actually got worse over the last few days: i can't seem to control my emotions. I really like her (I actually think i've fallen with love with her to some extent) She is absolutely perfect and i can't help myself but think about her.
I don't know how to deal with this. She's in my class on Monday and it's going to be awkward as ****. I don't want her to feel awkward around me... I just really like her.
Reply 9
Original post by Emily.97
Would definitely agree with kkboyk in terms of using distractions. This is slightly different, but I was really sad today, and I noticed how much of an effect it had when I stopped dwelling on my thoughts and just looked at some funny video on youtube. You'd be surprised.

Thanks. I'll try that.
She isn't the one for you if she can't see what a nice person you actually are. But on the other hand you can't blame her if u never really talked face to face.. There not only has to be an emotional connection but also a physical one as well so since you never interacted with her in person she had no attraction for you thus she said no to going out. It's not even your fault really other than the fact that you didn't let her to get to know you and asked her out too quickly. If I were you I'd leave it for a while and try not too be too hard on yourself. Just consider it a lesson learnt and move on. :smile:
Original post by tinababy
She isn't the one for you if she can't see what a nice person you actually are. But on the other hand you can't blame her if u never really talked face to face.. There not only has to be an emotional connection but also a physical one as well so since you never interacted with her in person she had no attraction for you thus she said no to going out. It's not even your fault really other than the fact that you didn't let her to get to know you and asked her out too quickly. If I were you I'd leave it for a while and try not too be too hard on yourself. Just consider it a lesson learnt and move on. :smile:

I find it extremely difficult to socialize with people face to face. It's so hard to do so. I have Aspergers - which causes me to be more anti-socialize than most people - I don't mean to be shy or nervous. I struggle massively with social interaction and find them hard. I really like this girl and i really don't know how to express myself to her. I really don't have experience in doing so and having Asperger's makes it harder.
It may sound a bit patronizing, but after a certain period of time (especially years later) this whole story will seem to be a funny, light memory. Just try to reflect on what you have learned from this, what you'd do differently the next time, and how you actually felt when asking her out.

I don't want to play the shrink here, so it's just a personal view. You may want to acknowledge/embrace your feelings and just face them thinking, "that's me, those are my feelings, there's nothing I can do about them, I'm just a person like everyone else, and this doesn't just happen to me, it's completely normal". And try to let go of the embarrassment that you might feel (apologies if this is not the case). Just think that you're happy to acknowledge the sense of embarrassment. Once you don't have anything to hide from yourself, there shouldn't be any more going 'lower'.

This should hopefully help with seeing the respective girl on Monday, as you mentioned. Just remember, that's you, you've been brave enough to make the move, it's completely normal, and you're not denying anything from yourself.
flirt with her best friend
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by rockjoseph
flirt with her best friend

No.
No.

You don't have to set your goals on her best friend? You just have to make her a bit jealous which might make her reconsider
It may sound a bit patronizing, but after a certain period of time (especially years later) this whole story will seem to be a funny, light memory. Just try to reflect on what you have learned from this, what you'd do differently the next time, and how you actually felt when asking her out.

I don't want to play the shrink here, so it's just a personal view. You may want to acknowledge/embrace your feelings and just face them thinking, "that's me, those are my feelings, there's nothing I can do about them, I'm just a person like everyone else, and this doesn't just happen to me, it's completely normal". And try to let go of the embarrassment that you might feel (apologies if this is not the case). Just think that you're happy to acknowledge the sense of embarrassment. Once you don't have anything to hide from yourself, there shouldn't be any more going 'lower'.

This should hopefully help with seeing the respective girl on Monday, as you mentioned. Just remember, that's you, you've been brave enough to make the move, it's completely normal, and you're not denying anything from yourself.

Thank you for the advice. I know I tried, but i am the kind of person who never gives up. Even though people tell me i can't do something or can't have something, i really keep working before i get it. In this case, i actually feel defeated as i never usually have crushes on girls really. I don't interact with girls alot.

Can i be truthful with you all?

When i was younger (age 14), i had a super crush on this girl i met at our local youth club. I really liked her, but after a while she kept bitching about me to her friends and calling me a creep. Since them, i have had confidence issues with the opposite sex. Because of my experience with girls, i have struggled since then (a bad start - created a phobia), it's like a have a phobia of talking to the opposite sex face to face... Because of that one issue!
You don't have to set your goals on her best friend? You just have to make her a bit jealous which might make her reconsider

I struggled to even confront her... I don't think i could flirt with her bestfriend (even if i wanted to make her jealous) - Which I don't... It wouldn't be fair on her.
I find it extremely difficult to socialize with people face to face. It's so hard to do so. I have Aspergers - which causes me to be more anti-socialize than most people - I don't mean to be shy or nervous. I struggle massively with social interaction and find them hard. I really like this girl and i really don't know how to express myself to her. I really don't have experience in doing so and having Asperger's makes it harder.

Well I guess ur in a slightly more difficult situation then. However, I still don't think you shld let it get you down like this. At least you found the courage to ask her out, that's a massive step in the right direction! Next time try to interact more with a girl before you ask her out...if u can do it online then why not in person? Anyway I always believe that there is someone for everyone and if she wasn't it then someone else will be you just have to find her, and don't be afraid!!! :smile:
Original post by tinababy
Well I guess ur in a slightly more difficult situation then. However, I still don't think you shld let it get you down like this. At least you found the courage to ask her out, that's a massive step in the right direction! Next time try to interact more with a girl before you ask her out...if u can do it online then why not in person? Anyway I always believe that there is someone for everyone and if she wasn't it then someone else will be you just have to find her, and don't be afraid!!! :smile:

I don't know why I can't do it face to face? I feel like something bad will happen if I do. I actually always think that something bad will happen if I socialize with someone. I don't want them to talk about me again... I don't want to be known as a creep or a stalker...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending