The Student Room Group

AQA A A2 ENGLISH LANGUAGE- COURSEWORK- how to write with flare?? :/

Hey I need to make my final improvemnts on my coursework (deadline is tomorrow) for A2 ENGLISH LANGAUGE and my target grade is a B! I NEED THAT B

Currently my coursework is just on a D ,,, and miss said that it's a lack of flare in your writing, you write so informally
Is there anyone doing the same coursework who got a high grade or anyone who canwrite with flare please give me advice on how to write my c/w very beautifully??

A big THANKS in advance (i'm literally stressing out as hell!:confused:)

Rosh
Break down each paragraph into what you are trying to say, what point are you trying to get across to the examiner. Bullet point your 'goals' for each paragraph and then UNDERSTAND what you are trying to say. Then just write it down. Don't worry if you don't think it makes sense, just write it down freely. Then you can go back over it, change anything that doesn't make sense and boom you are there.

Also try and avoid having lots of its, but, was, if, in your sentences. They clog it up and make it sound informal. Don't overcomplicate it by adding lots of big words, as I said above just write out what you understand.
Reply 2
Original post by thatguy22
Break down each paragraph into what you are trying to say, what point are you trying to get across to the examiner. Bullet point your 'goals' for each paragraph and then UNDERSTAND what you are trying to say. Then just write it down. Don't worry if you don't think it makes sense, just write it down freely. Then you can go back over it, change anything that doesn't make sense and boom you are there.

Also try and avoid having lots of its, but, was, if, in your sentences. They clog it up and make it sound informal. Don't overcomplicate it by adding lots of big words, as I said above just write out what you understand.

Thanks :smile: But my teacher said that my sentences sound kinda informal,,, i dunno how to write them really high -- Like how to use 'high words'?

Thanks again :biggrin:
Original post by glitzy08
Thanks :smile: But my teacher said that my sentences sound kinda informal,,, i dunno how to write them really high -- Like how to use 'high words'?

Thanks again :biggrin:

Just as an example, I'll rewrite that post in the kind of language I'd use for an essay.

Thank you. Unfortunately, my teacher has told me that my sentences sound relatively informal. I'm not entirely sure how to improve that, and how to use formal language.
Reply 4
Original post by RibenaRockstar
Just as an example, I'll rewrite that post in the kind of language I'd use for an essay.

Thank you. Unfortunately, my teacher has told me that my sentences sound relatively informal. I'm not entirely sure how to improve that, and how to use formal language.

WOW!! :eek: HOW DO YOU DO THAT??
how do you know what to write to make it sound so HIGH and Professional??:smile:x
Reply 5
I've never tried writing with Flare, I'd imagine that'd leave a lot of things up in the air.
Reply 6
how would u write something like 'in this investigation i will...' with flair?? :confused:
Hey, omg I've finally found a post from like this year. But same, I have the same problem and apparently the deadline is near. I NEED A B SO BADLY.
You can try and write with passive sentences, where the subject comes before the verb.

For example, "Bob ate the Rice" becomes "The Rice was eaten by Bob".
Reply 9
Original post by madmorgss
Hey, omg I've finally found a post from like this year. But same, I have the same problem and apparently the deadline is near. I NEED A B SO BADLY.

haha yes it was really important! exactly I need a B but i think i'm gonna end up with a C if i'm lucky :confused:

Rosh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending